Stan & HD Tashi Grad 10/08 Edgewood, NM SWR
PR - Cindy and Jenny - Sammamish, WA NWR
http://www.cci.org
Re: Interesting error [ In reply to ]
On 12/11/2012 10:28 AM, Stan Sander wrote:
> I was having some permissions issues with my stable x86 box following
> some updates late last week. For starters I pulled in r8 from the ~x86
> tree but that didn't resolve the issues, so I just left SELinux running
> permissive and finally had a couple hours today to look more closely at
> what was going on. Tried running a sesearch command and this is what I
> got back.
>
> ERROR: policydb version 27 does not match my version range 15-26
> ERROR: Unable to open policy /etc/selinux/strict/policy/policy.27.
>
> So does r8 need a newer kernel or a newer setools package or what might
> be happening here?
>
> I have kernel 3.5.4-hardened-r1 and setools-3.3.7-r3 from the stable tree.

do you have CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_POLICYDB_VERSION_MAX set in the
kernel to anything?

--
-- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)
Re: Interesting error [ In reply to ]
On 12/11/2012 09:42 AM, Matthew Thode wrote:

> do you have CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_POLICYDB_VERSION_MAX set in the
> kernel to anything?

Nope.

grep CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_POLICYDB_VERSION_MAX /usr/src/linux/.config
# CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_POLICYDB_VERSION_MAX is not set

Re: Interesting error [ In reply to ]
On Dec 11, 2012 5:43 PM, "Matthew Thode" <prometheanfire@gentoo.org> wrote:
> do you have CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_POLICYDB_VERSION_MAX set in the
> kernel to anything?

You might need to "fix" (as in fixate) the version in
/etc/srlinux/strict/semanage.conf.

Wkr,
SwifT
Re: Interesting error [ In reply to ]
On 12/11/2012 10:26 AM, Sven Vermeulen wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2012 5:43 PM, "Matthew Thode" <prometheanfire@gentoo.org
> <mailto:prometheanfire@gentoo.org>> wrote:
> > do you have CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX_POLICYDB_VERSION_MAX set in the
> > kernel to anything?
>
> You might need to "fix" (as in fixate) the version in
> /etc/srlinux/strict/semanage.conf.
>
> Wkr,
> SwifT

Do I need to recompile or reload anything after changing? Just making
the change in semanage.conf didn't help.