D'Youville College
Buffalo, NY 14201
(716) 829-8197
Re: Tin Hat 20121015 released. [ In reply to ]
On 10/16/2012 03:45 PM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'd like to announce that a new release of Tin Hat is out. Tin Hat is a
> fully featured Linux desktop based on Hardened Gentoo which runs purely
> in RAM. It aims to be very secure, stable, and fast.
>
> ChangeLog: This release incorporating many bug and security fixes. In
> all about 240 packages were updated. The toolchain was updated to
> hardened gcc-4.5.4, glibc-2.15-r2 and binutils-2.22-r1. The kernel was
> update to hardened-sources-3.2.30.
>
> Home page: http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat
> Downloads: http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat-downloads

I still want you to include TRESSOR support :D
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRESOR

--
-- Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)
Re: Tin Hat 20121015 released. [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Matthew Thode
<prometheanfire@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I still want you to include TRESSOR support :D
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRESOR

If I understand its operation mode correctly, TRESOR prompts for a
password during boot, and hijacks the kernel's crypto API by ignoring
keys that are supplied to the cipher. I don't think it's a good idea
to include it in any distribution at present.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte