Mailing List Archive

[Fwd: Re: Problems with uclibc stage1]
Heh, I started out, doing the n00b error, and replied in private..

> mån 2004-09-13 klockan 16.25 skrev Mike Frysinger:
>
> > the only thing i can think of is that some binary code slipped in that exists
> > only on pentium4's or better ...
>
> That was my thought too, but it seems unlikely - doesn't it?
>
> > or maybe you're trying this on a 2.4 kernel
> > and i built the stages against 2.6 headers on a 2.6 kernel ...
>
> The rescue-cd is running a 2.4 kernel. I'm downloading a gentoo
> installation cd with a 2.6 kernel to see if that makes any difference.
> I'll report back if it works. <:)

Yep. It took some time - since my BIOS sure doesn't like anything I put
in the CDROM-drive. But it turns out it was the 2.4 kernel that was the
problem. Now I have a system that works, thanks!

/Filip

Re: [Fwd: Re: Problems with uclibc stage1] [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday 15 September 2004 06:27 pm, Filip Joelsson wrote:
> Yep. It took some time - since my BIOS sure doesn't like anything I put
> in the CDROM-drive. But it turns out it was the 2.4 kernel that was the
> problem. Now I have a system that works, thanks!

i built some 2.4 stages and i'll upload em when i get a chance
-mike