removed. Or we could make my /etc/portage/profile workaround part of
crossdev proper.

What do you think?
Re: crossdev ARCH variable [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Aug 3, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Mike Gilbert <floppym@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I'm wondering how the ARCH variable is supposed to be set by crossdev;
> it doesn't seem to be working at the moment.
>
> I can see that crossdev sets ARCH in make.conf. It also sets the
> profile to embedded. The embedded profile contains this in
> make.defaults:
>
> PROFILE_ONLY_VARS="ARCH ..."
>
> So the ARCH variable in make.conf is ignored, which causes failures
> whenever something references ARCH or the corresponding use flag.
>
> I am currently hacking around this by setting ARCH in
> /usr/$CHOST/etc/portage/profile/make.defaults.
>
> I'm thinking that profile setting PROFILE_ONLY_VARS="ARCH" should be
> removed. Or we could make my /etc/portage/profile workaround part of
> crossdev proper.
>
> What do you think?

Apologies for not reading the previous list traffic. I see this issue
has already been discussed in a previous thread.
Re: crossdev ARCH variable [ In reply to ]
yes, it was discussed but no resolution yet. Mike is tempted to remove the embedded profile
so no action yet.

PS. Sorry for my crappy email client, I am traveling so got use what is available