Hello All,

I need to create a Gentoo Install for a PPC based chipset (e300 and e500v2), would QEMU be good enough to be able to create a build to be deployed on the actual embedded hardware?

Can someone point to any resources on create the appropriate build in QEMU or any other emulation?

Also does anyone know of any companies that make a Single Board computer with these chipsets for development purposes?

Thank you for the help it is appreciated.

Yury German
E-Mail: BlueKnight@technologysecure.com

PGP/GPG ID: 19EC14B3
Re: Need Assistance with PPC System Build [ In reply to ]
28.02.2014 07:40, Yury German пишет:
> Hello All,
>
> I need to create a Gentoo Install for a PPC based chipset (e300 and e500v2), would QEMU be good enough to be able to create a build to be deployed on the actual embedded hardware?
>
> Can someone point to any resources on create the appropriate build in QEMU or any other emulation?
>
> Also does anyone know of any companies that make a Single Board computer with these chipsets for development purposes?
>
> Thank you for the help it is appreciated.
>
> Yury German
> E-Mail: BlueKnight@technologysecure.com
>
> PGP/GPG ID: 19EC14B3

You can try to begin with qemu-user chroot[1]. Not sure about proper
compilation of kernel. Do you have spec for this hardware and which
modules you need to compile?

[1] - http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/embedded/handbook/?part=1&chap=5

--
Best regards, Sergey Popov
Gentoo developer
Re: Need Assistance with PPC System Build [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 3:40 AM, Yury German
<BlueKnight@technologysecure.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I need to create a Gentoo Install for a PPC based chipset (e300 and e500v2), would QEMU be good enough to be able to create a build to be deployed on the actual embedded hardware?
>
> Can someone point to any resources on create the appropriate build in QEMU or any other emulation?
>
> Also does anyone know of any companies that make a Single Board computer with these chipsets for development purposes?

I use an old powerpc mac - they are well supported by Linux and cheap.

Another option is to sign up to the IBM partner program (free) - they
have (fast) powerpc machines available running Redhat which you can
use for free, with root access.

Justin