Mailing List Archive

gentoo on custom ARM
I'd like to play around with embedded linux, and I was thinking about trying to install gentoo on a custom ARM chip (Cortex M4, perhaps). Do you guys have any advice, or places you can point me to? Am I right in thinking that all I'd need is to install gentoo on an SD card and then flash a bootloader to the chip?

Randy
Re: gentoo on custom ARM [ In reply to ]
I've done several builds of Gentoo on ARM platforms, both the hard way, and
the other using a cross compiler. Check out the Gentoo documentation on
Cross Compiling and Armin's official documentation at Gentoo for installing
Gentoo on say, SheevaPlug and BeagleBoard.

It's very satisfying when you finish... you are the master of your universe
that you built... kinda like playing God.

--
John L. Poole

P.O. Box 6566
Napa, CA 94581-6566