--
Hanno Böck mail/jabber: hanno@hboeck.de
GPG: BBB51E42 http://www.hboeck.de/
Re: arm/ac100: /sys doesn't get mounted since baselayout2/openrc [ In reply to ]
On Thursday, September 01, 2011 03:10:53 Hanno Böck wrote:
> I'm one of the few people running Gentoo on a Toshiba AC100.
>
> Since the update to baselayout2, I'm experiencing that /sys doesn't get
> mounted on boot. When I mount /sys and restart udev afterwards,
> everything is fine again.
>
> Anyone an idea and has anyone else seen such a behaviour on ARM?

is sysfs init.d in your boot runlevel ?
-mike
Re: arm/ac100: /sys doesn't get mounted since baselayout2/openrc [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 09:10 +0200, Hanno Böck wrote:

> I'm one of the few people running Gentoo on a Toshiba AC100.

I'm another one. Sorry I can't help you with your original problem; I
haven't updated for a few months or so.

Which kernel are you using?

I use git://gitorious.org/~marvin24/ac100/marvin24s-kernel which has
made it into mainline/staging recently as it seems. Unfortunately the
NVEC driver is not stable enough and loses sync from time to time (more
often than not) - with the effect that keyboard and touchpad are gone
until after a reboot.

Cheers,
Joerg
Re: arm/ac100: /sys doesn't get mounted since baselayout2/openrc [ In reply to ]
Am Thu, 1 Sep 2011 17:32:05 -0400
schrieb Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>:

> > Anyone an idea and has anyone else seen such a behaviour on ARM?
>
> is sysfs init.d in your boot runlevel ?

Yes.