sys-fs/e2fsprogs # fsck.ext4
sys-apps/net-tools # hostname
sys-apps/findutils # find
sys-apps/module-init-tools # modprobe
sys-process/procps # sysctl
net-misc/iputils

Regards,
Kfir
Re: busybox config with openrc [ In reply to ]
Last time I checked it needed nothing, but it was long ago.
Just disable the start-stop-daemon of busybox and use the one of openrc.
Of course you need to hack the init configuration, as baselayout won't
work with busybox's init and set up mdev service replacement instead
of udev services.

I think that most of the packages you listed are not required for
regular configuration (minimal).

Re: busybox config with openrc [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:36, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Of course you need to hack the init configuration, as baselayout won't
> work with busybox's init

i'm not sure i follow. there's no reason that i know of that you cant
configure busybox's init to work fine with openrc. openrc itself
doesnt require sysvinit ... just *some* init to execute its soft
runlevels.
-mike
Re: busybox config with openrc [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:36, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>> Of course you need to hack the init configuration, as baselayout won't
>> work with busybox's init
>
> i'm not sure i follow.  there's no reason that i know of that you cant
> configure busybox's init to work fine with openrc.  openrc itself
> doesnt require sysvinit ... just *some* init to execute its soft
> runlevels.
> -mike

Right.
So as far as I know you cannot install baselayout, and need to write
your own busybox format inittab.
But I may be wrong.
Re: busybox config with openrc [ In reply to ]
On 28/07/2011 07:57, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:36, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>>> Of course you need to hack the init configuration, as baselayout won't
>>> work with busybox's init
>>
>> i'm not sure i follow. there's no reason that i know of that you cant
>> configure busybox's init to work fine with openrc. openrc itself
>> doesnt require sysvinit ... just *some* init to execute its soft
>> runlevels.
>> -mike
>
> Right.
> So as far as I know you cannot install baselayout, and need to write
> your own busybox format inittab.
> But I may be wrong.

I'm using Baselayout2 + OpenRc + Uclibc (latest) here with no special
support required.

I am currently using udev, but if you examine the Alpine distribution
you can find a great example on a fully featured mdev installation

I build my basic image using something like:

export ROOT=/some/tmp/dir
export EMERGE_FLAGS="-vk --newuse --quiet-build"

emerge ${EMERGE_FLAGS} baselayout || die "emerge failed"
emerge -t ${EMERGE_FLAGS} uclibc busybox e2fsprogs udev || die
"emerge failed"

A few tweaks on that and you have a bootable image...

Note you want a fairly recent busybox because I made a few feature
requests to support some of the less common command line options, which
of course openrc loves to use...

Good luck

Ed W
Re: busybox config with openrc [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 23:57, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 11:36, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>>> Of course you need to hack the init configuration, as baselayout won't
>>> work with busybox's init
>>
>> i'm not sure i follow.  there's no reason that i know of that you cant
>> configure busybox's init to work fine with openrc.  openrc itself
>> doesnt require sysvinit ... just *some* init to execute its soft
>> runlevels.
>
> Right.
> So as far as I know you cannot install baselayout, and need to write
> your own busybox format inittab.
> But I may be wrong.

i think you might be mixing up baselayout-1 with openrc/baselayout-2.
baselayout-2 should always be installed on Gentoo systems now.
-mike