filesystems in more a of a sandbox environment.

Thanks,
Chris
Re: crossdev conflict between sys-libs/glibc and cross-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/glibc? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 14:13 -0500, chris@basementcode.com wrote:
> I installed the following toolchain with crossdev:
> arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
> which installs glibc into /usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/ under the
> name cross-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/glibc
>
> I then installed udev, which depends on sys-fs/glibc
>
> As far as I know sys-fs/glibc is already installed into SYSROOT, except
> with a different name as mentioned above.
>
> I noted that the two installs of glibc had the same version, so I went
> ahead with the installation anyway. Sure enough portage reported a bunch
> of file collisions.

We disable collision-protect iirc for the wrappers crossdev now
provides.

--
solar <solar@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux
Re: crossdev conflict between sys-libs/glibc and cross-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/glibc? [ In reply to ]
On 04/26/11 20:57, solar wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-04-26 at 14:13 -0500, chris@basementcode.com wrote:
>> I installed the following toolchain with crossdev:
>> arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi
>> which installs glibc into /usr/arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/ under the
>> name cross-arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi/glibc
>>
>> I then installed udev, which depends on sys-fs/glibc
>>
>> As far as I know sys-fs/glibc is already installed into SYSROOT, except
>> with a different name as mentioned above.
>>
>> I noted that the two installs of glibc had the same version, so I went
>> ahead with the installation anyway. Sure enough portage reported a bunch
>> of file collisions.
>
> We disable collision-protect iirc for the wrappers crossdev now
> provides.
yes, I was able to install the package without any real problems. Still
wondering about the overall correctness issue.
Seems to me like there should be a way to separate toolchain libraries
from the others.