Maybe give me some good topics to talk about .

Thanks,
Kfir
Re: I want to give a talk about Gentoo in our local Linux group - slides/format recommendations? [ In reply to ]
Kfir Lavi wrote:
> Maybe give me some good topics to talk about .

The Gentoo killer features for me are USE flags, overlays and
catalyst. (And the fact that making ebuilds is easy.)

Also make sure to mention the PMS - Package Manager Specification.
It's really outstanding documentation.

emerge app-doc/pms or http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/pms.xml

//Peter
Re: I want to give a talk about Gentoo in our local Linux group - slides/format recommendations? [ In reply to ]
Previously you wrote:

> Also make sure to mention the PMS - Package Manager Specification.
> It's really outstanding documentation.

> emerge app-doc/pms or http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/pms.xml

WOW! This is fantastic. So Paludis is used in embedded Gentoo?

What is the explicit listing of the different package
management systems? (besides portage and Paludis)

I *REALLY like* this document, it instantly organized (for
me) what was fragmented details on package management
philosophy and detail.

So there is no differences between a server and an embedded
gentoo system, from the perspective of package management?

No nuances related to architecture of the hardware?

James
Re: I want to give a talk about Gentoo in our local Linux group - slides/format recommendations? [ In reply to ]
wireless wrote:
> > Also make sure to mention the PMS - Package Manager Specification.
> > It's really outstanding documentation.
>
> WOW! This is fantastic. So Paludis is used in embedded Gentoo?

I guess it could be, if you want to.

> So there is no differences between a server and an embedded
> gentoo system, from the perspective of package management?
>
> No nuances related to architecture of the hardware?

No.

//Peter