Mailing List Archive

Re: Help with translating gmn from/into german
> Sure. The draft version of the GMN is just up at
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~anant/gmn/20080121-newsletter.xml
>
> If you could translate that page and this one:
> http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/gmn.xml
>
> and send them to gentoo-doc@gentoo.org and this email,
> we would really appreciate it.

Hello Anant, hello gentoo-docs,

I started translating the first document and subscribed to the mailing list
gentoo-doc, as suggested. The second document, however, doesn't seem to
exist. Will it be available later?

Two more questions (sorry for bugging):

1) Is there a deadline until the translations for GMN have to be delivered?
2) Are there special tools for translating? I downloaded the GMN as
html-file and use app-text/omegat for translation right now. This would be
stupid if it is needed as (say) openoffice-document or if a web-based
collaboration platform (like Launchpad) existed.

Best regards,

Dirk Salewski
--
Who is John Galt?

Re: Re: Help with translating gmn from/into german [ In reply to ]
2008/1/23, Dirk Salewski <dirk@vzoon.de>:
> > Sure. The draft version of the GMN is just up at
> > http://dev.gentoo.org/~anant/gmn/20080121-newsletter.xml
> >
> > If you could translate that page and this one:
> > http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/gmn.xml
> >
> > and send them to gentoo-doc@gentoo.org and this email,
> > we would really appreciate it.
>
> Hello Anant, hello gentoo-docs,
>
> I started translating the first document and subscribed to the mailing list
> gentoo-doc, as suggested. The second document, however, doesn't seem to
> exist. Will it be available later?
>
> Two more questions (sorry for bugging):
>
> 1) Is there a deadline until the translations for GMN have to be delivered?
> 2) Are there special tools for translating? I downloaded the GMN as
> html-file and use app-text/omegat for translation right now. This would be
> stupid if it is needed as (say) openoffice-document or if a web-based
> collaboration platform (like Launchpad) existed.

for what I know it's necessary to download the xml file and translate
it , personally I use gedit to translate gentoo-docs.

Re: Re: Help with translating gmn from/into german [ In reply to ]
Dirk Salewski wrote:
> The second document, however, doesn't seem to exist. Will it be available later?

It's http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/index.xml . To get the XML
source, just append "?passthru=1" to the URL.

> 2) Are there special tools for translating? I downloaded the GMN as
> html-file and use app-text/omegat for translation right now. This would be
> stupid if it is needed as (say) openoffice-document or if a web-based
> collaboration platform (like Launchpad) existed.

You want to get the XML file, not the generated HTML.

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth
Re: Re: Help with translating gmn from/into german [ In reply to ]
Jan Kundrát wrote:
> Dirk Salewski wrote:
>> The second document, however, doesn't seem to exist. Will it be available later?
>
> It's http://www.gentoo.org/news/en/gmn/index.xml . To get the XML
> source, just append "?passthru=1" to the URL.
>
>> 2) Are there special tools for translating? I downloaded the GMN as
>> html-file and use app-text/omegat for translation right now. This would be
>> stupid if it is needed as (say) openoffice-document or if a web-based
>> collaboration platform (like Launchpad) existed.
>
> You want to get the XML file, not the generated HTML.

You might want to use sources.gentoo.org :
http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/gentoo/xml/htdocs/news/en/gmn/
or even anoncvs.gentoo.org to get the files

Good luck with your translation
--
/ Xavier Neys
\_ Gentoo Documentation Project
Re: Re: Help with translating gmn from/into german [ In reply to ]
Hi Dirk,

Am Mittwoch, 23. Januar 2008 09:14:21 schrieb Dirk Salewski:
> Hello Anant, hello gentoo-docs,
>
> I started translating the first document and subscribed to the mailing list
> gentoo-doc, as suggested. The second document, however, doesn't seem to
> exist. Will it be available later?
>
> Two more questions (sorry for bugging):
>
> 1) Is there a deadline until the translations for GMN have to be delivered?
> 2) Are there special tools for translating? I downloaded the GMN as
> html-file and use app-text/omegat for translation right now. This would be
> stupid if it is needed as (say) openoffice-document or if a web-based
> collaboration platform (like Launchpad) existed.

we have an existing team that used to do german translations of the GWN and
already started working on the GMN. CCing the list, we could use some
additional help, hope you'll join us.

Regards,
Dennis