interested to know how people manage themselves to work together.

Regards,

James
Re: Greetings from an enthusiastic Linux user [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 29 November 2007, James Robertson wrote:
> I have been using Gentoo on the server for the past 9 months, and I
> couldn't have done it without such good documentation. I used the
> stage 3 minimal install on both occasions using the live CD, and I
> liked the command-line installation, it reminded me of OpenBSD. I read
> a bit about Gentoo's history so the BSD style way of working wasn't a
> surprise to me.
>
> I'm not interested in actual development at the moment, but I am quite
> interested to know how people manage themselves to work together.

if you're asking about the Gentoo project as a whole, then you'd prob be
better posting the question to the Gentoo Project mailing list
-mike
Re: Greetings from an enthusiastic Linux user [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 18:23 +0000, James Robertson wrote:
> I'm not interested in actual development at the moment, but I am quite
> interested to know how people manage themselves to work together.

It's really mostly sheer dumb luck and a whole lot of stubbornness.

Seriously, the docs team is simply a great group of guys and they strive
to actually keep up with the development of Gentoo and the changes that
happen within it. They spend their time documenting our crap code...
Yes, they deserve, at minimum, my thanks. Thank you for reminding me.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead