Mailing List Archive

New project-specific document: Handbook Release Guide
Hey all. Yeah, I'm still on devaway, but I've finally finished the
document I started working on a couple of months ago, the Handbook
Release Guide.

From the abstract:
"This guide details the process for updating the handbooks and related
documentation for each new Gentoo Linux release."

From the doc:
"This document is intended to help the handbook release coordinator
(and/or other GDP members and contributors) tackle the massive taask of
bringing all the handbooks and related documentation up-to-date for the
latest Gentoo Linxux release."

It's something we've needed for awhile. Now we're all on the same page,
and we will all know what to do, because I can't keep doing everything
just about single-handedly the way I have for the last few releases...I
won't be around forever. Now there's no excuse for a break in the
workflow. :)

Comments and additions welcome. It's live in CVS, and linked from our
index and metadoc etc. It's a document just for our project, because we
are so cool. We are the GDP. We should have more meta-documentation;
documents about how to document. :)

It's available at http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp/doc/handbook-release.xml
Re: New project-specific document: Handbook Release Guide [ In reply to ]
Josh Saddler wrote:
> latest Gentoo Linxux release."

Actually, that's just a typo I made in the email when I was editing the
line-wrapped version I copied from the doc itself. The doc itself is, of
course, perfect. And typo-free.

(I hope.)