Mailing List Archive

Step down
Beloved Gentooists,

almost five years have passed since I started contributing to the italian
Gentoo documentation as a translator. It's been a wonderful period of my life
and I'm glad I gave back as much as I could to this wonderful community.

Now my life has changed dramatically and it's going to change again very soon.
I have to face I don't have the time I had once to keep up with all the
activities that my role would require. Which was difficult to understand for
myself in the first place. But at the moment other challenges await me
somewhere else and I don't want to end up doing multiple things without being
able to accomplish anyone of them properly.

Davide Cendron, the italian follow-up translator, is a wonderful guy, he's
been very active in the past few months and he's a perfect candidate to take
my place from now on and lead the italian traslators to efficiency and
quality in translations as he's done so far since he joined our team.

I wish you all the best and thank you for everything you taught me during
these years. Working with you all and being part of such a great group of
people has been one of the most important experiences in my life.

Have a great life and seek happyness!

p.s. anyone would like to keep in touch with me, please ask me for my personal
email before this one gets wiped out :)

--
Marco Mascherpa

Gentoo Documentation Project
Italian Lead Translator
Re: Step down [ In reply to ]
Marco Mascherpa wrote:
> Beloved Gentooists,
>
> almost five years have passed since I started contributing to the italian
> Gentoo documentation as a translator. It's been a wonderful period of my life
> and I'm glad I gave back as much as I could to this wonderful community.
>
> Now my life has changed dramatically and it's going to change again very soon.
> I have to face I don't have the time I had once to keep up with all the
> activities that my role would require. Which was difficult to understand for
> myself in the first place. But at the moment other challenges await me
> somewhere else and I don't want to end up doing multiple things without being
> able to accomplish anyone of them properly.
>
> Davide Cendron, the italian follow-up translator, is a wonderful guy, he's
> been very active in the past few months and he's a perfect candidate to take
> my place from now on and lead the italian traslators to efficiency and
> quality in translations as he's done so far since he joined our team.
>
> I wish you all the best and thank you for everything you taught me during
> these years. Working with you all and being part of such a great group of
> people has been one of the most important experiences in my life.
>
> Have a great life and seek happyness!
>
> p.s. anyone would like to keep in touch with me, please ask me for my personal
> email before this one gets wiped out :)

Hey Marco, thanks for all that you've done. You gave the Italian team a
good reputation.

- Josh
Re: Step down [ In reply to ]
Il Friday 22 June 2007 20:48:52 Marco Mascherpa ha scritto:
> Beloved Gentooists,
>
> almost five years have passed since I started contributing to the italian
> Gentoo documentation as a translator. It's been a wonderful period of my
> life and I'm glad I gave back as much as I could to this wonderful
> community.
>
> Now my life has changed dramatically and it's going to change again very
> soon. I have to face I don't have the time I had once to keep up with all
> the activities that my role would require. Which was difficult to
> understand for myself in the first place. But at the moment other
> challenges await me somewhere else and I don't want to end up doing
> multiple things without being able to accomplish anyone of them properly.
>
> Davide Cendron, the italian follow-up translator, is a wonderful guy, he's
> been very active in the past few months and he's a perfect candidate to
> take my place from now on and lead the italian traslators to efficiency and
> quality in translations as he's done so far since he joined our team.
>
> I wish you all the best and thank you for everything you taught me during
> these years. Working with you all and being part of such a great group of
> people has been one of the most important experiences in my life.
>
> Have a great life and seek happyness!
>
> p.s. anyone would like to keep in touch with me, please ask me for my
> personal email before this one gets wiped out :)

Hi Marco, this news displease me very much :(

Thank you too, it has been an honour and a pleasure work with you, first as
contributor and in the last months as follow-up :)

I wish you too every best thing possible, and i hope that you will find some
spare time in the future to return in Gentoo's great family 8)

Bye ^_^

--
Davide Cendron

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/it/