\_ Gentoo Documentation Project
/
/\ http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/
Re: Call for translating php-upgrading.xml [ In reply to ]
Xavier Neys wrote:

> Old PHP packages should be p.mask'ed around end of March, and removed from
> the tree a month later.
> It would be great if translations of the php-upgrading.xml[1] doc could be
> made available by then.

I can translate it to german.
Re: Call for translating php-upgrading.xml [ In reply to ]
Xavier Neys a écrit :
> Dear translators,
>
> Old PHP packages should be p.mask'ed around end of March, and removed from the
> tree a month later.
> It would be great if translations of the php-upgrading.xml[1] doc could be
> made available by then.
>
> [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/php/php-upgrading.xml
>

> Thanks a lot,

Hello,

I will do the French translation.

Nicolas
Re: Call for translating php-upgrading.xml [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 23 February 2006 05:36, Rafael Bugajewski wrote:
> Xavier Neys wrote:
> > Old PHP packages should be p.mask'ed around end of March, and removed
> > from the tree a month later.
> > It would be great if translations of the php-upgrading.xml[1] doc could
> > be made available by then.
>
> I can translate it to german.
Probably no german translation since we don't have anything else from /proj/
transalted yet.
Re: Call for translating php-upgrading.xml [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/06, Jan Hendrik Grahl <jhgz1@ufl.edu> wrote:
> Probably no german translation since we don't have anything else from /proj/
> transalted yet.

Care to explain why? It's just a matter of translating and committing it.
--
Marcelo Góes
marcelogoes@gmail.com

Re: Call for translating php-upgrading.xml [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:41, Marcelo Góes wrote:
> On 2/23/06, Jan Hendrik Grahl <jhgz1@ufl.edu> wrote:
> > Probably no german translation since we don't have anything else from
> > /proj/ transalted yet.
>
> Care to explain why? It's just a matter of translating and committing it.
> --
> Marcelo Góes
> marcelogoes@gmail.com
> vanquirius@gentoo.org
I'd say because of priority. We do still have lots of things in /doc/ that
aren't translated. If there is a really a need for that specific doc to be
translated, sure, why not, but just how we would reference to the users where
they find that one doc translated without everything else not. Seems tricky
to me and not worth the effort considering limited manpower.
Re: Call for translating php-upgrading.xml [ In reply to ]
On 2/23/06, Jan Hendrik Grahl <jhgz1@ufl.edu> wrote:
> I'd say because of priority.

This is a priority, or Xavier wouldn't have asked us to translate
it... Think about the people with broken php installations. Looking at
the German list of translated files, it seems you have the most
important stuff auf Deutsch already. Besides, I'm guessing this would
be moved to /doc/ when time is ripe, correct? I'd say go for it.

Marcelo

--
Marcelo Góes
marcelogoes@gmail.com

Re: Call for translating php-upgrading.xml [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 23 February 2006 15:03, Marcelo Góes wrote:
> On 2/23/06, Jan Hendrik Grahl <jhgz1@ufl.edu> wrote:
> > I'd say because of priority.
>
> This is a priority, or Xavier wouldn't have asked us to translate
> it...
Hmmm,ok
> Think about the people with broken php installations.
I really don't think switching was that difficult, even with several
extensions...
>[...]
> Besides, I'm guessing this would
> be moved to /doc/ when time is ripe, correct? I'd say go for it.
Fine, we'll get to it, thanks for taking time to respond. :-)
Re: Call for translating php-upgrading.xml [ In reply to ]
Jan Hendrik Grahl wrote:
> Probably no german translation since we don't have anything else from /proj/
> transalted yet.

FYI, Rafael Bugajewski volunteered on #gentoo-doc. He also said that he
has contacted you.

As a sidenote, Czech "team" (= me) has added this file right above the
"Handbook for Other Arches" item in its TODO list :).

Cheers,
-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth
Re: Call for translating php-upgrading.xml [ In reply to ]
>>Xavier Neys wrote:
>>

>>>Old PHP packages should be p.mask'ed around end of March, and removed
>>>from the tree a month later.
>>>It would be great if translations of the php-upgrading.xml[1] doc could
>>>be made available by then.

assigned the italian translation
will be ready asap

--