PS. Are you going to migrate to subversion?
--
Bi Cờ Lao

Re: $Id$ keyword is mandatory? [ In reply to ]
Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:
> I would like to drop $Id$ from all Vietnamese xml files. It causes a
> lot of trouble for me to sync with main tree and generate patch for
> b.g.o. Can I drop it?

There's no $Id$ in our files.

> PS. Are you going to migrate to subversion?

Don't know, don't care much as it has no added value to us.

/ Xavier Neys
\_ Gentoo Documentation Project
/
/\ http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/
Re: $Id$ keyword is mandatory? [ In reply to ]
On 2/16/06, Xavier Neys <neysx@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:
> > I would like to drop $Id$ from all Vietnamese xml files. It causes a
> > lot of trouble for me to sync with main tree and generate patch for
> > b.g.o. Can I drop it?
>
> There's no $Id$ in our files.
Sorry, i meant $Header$
--
Bi Cờ Lao

Re: $Id$ keyword is mandatory? [ In reply to ]
Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:
> On 2/16/06, Xavier Neys <neysx@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy wrote:
>>> I would like to drop $Id$ from all Vietnamese xml files. It causes a
>>> lot of trouble for me to sync with main tree and generate patch for
>>> b.g.o. Can I drop it?
>> There's no $Id$ in our files.
> Sorry, i meant $Header$

$Header$ are meant to help identify which revisions have been used by whoever
submits updates. Given you're the only one to submit to b.g.o, if they hinder
you more than they help, just remove them.