Gentoo Documentation Project Lead | http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp
Gentoo Council Member

The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>
Re: LDAP Guide fixing [ In reply to ]
Has anyone asked some of the non-doc devs for their input on the
guide? Or maybe the LDAP package maintainer(s), at least. You'd think
that *they* would know something about it. :)

On 12/10/05, Sven Vermeulen <swift@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Anyone up to fixing the LDAP guide? It's becoming a pain in the ass for the
> GDP since we don't have many (or any) people knowledgeable in the LDAP field
> and we *again* have a few bugs on it, one quite major (see overview.xml).
>
> I haven't marked it as "obsolete" yet, but if that's the only option...
>
> Wkr,
> Sven Vermeulen
>
> --
> Gentoo Foundation Trustee | http://foundation.gentoo.org
> Gentoo Documentation Project Lead | http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gdp
> Gentoo Council Member
>
> The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>

--
<em>- thought - emotion - imagery -</em>
http://www.freewebs.com/nightmorph/

Re: LDAP Guide fixing [ In reply to ]

Re: LDAP Guide fixing [ In reply to ]
Sven Vermeulen wrote:

> Anyone up to fixing the LDAP guide? It's becoming a pain in the ass for the
> GDP since we don't have many (or any) people knowledgeable in the LDAP field
> and we *again* have a few bugs on it, one quite major (see overview.xml).

I'd ping lcars or someone and ask for help before marking this one
obsolete. He's our resident LDAP guru after all :)

Shyam Mani | <fox2mike@gentoo.org>
docs-team | http://gdp.gentoo.org
GPG Key | 0xFDD0E345
Re: LDAP Guide fixing [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Dec 11, 2005 at 03:02:50AM -0800, Jack Dark wrote:
> Has anyone asked some of the non-doc devs for their input on the
> guide? Or maybe the LDAP package maintainer(s), at least. You'd think
> that *they* would know something about it. :)

Several times on many occasions actually... Maintaining the LDAP package
and testing it on a working system is easier than to verify a set-up that
isn't used by the maintainer.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

Re: LDAP Guide fixing [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 11 of December 2005 08:40 Sven Vermeulen wrote:
> Anyone up to fixing the LDAP guide? It's becoming a pain in the ass for the
> GDP since we don't have many (or any) people knowledgeable in the LDAP
> field and we *again* have a few bugs on it, one quite major (see
> overview.xml).

We are about to deploy LDAP authentization at work (RHEL-based systems). I
might try to play with some Gentoo boxes, but I unfortunately can't promise
anything as they don't like maintaining several OSes and using RHEL-like
system is a must.

> I haven't marked it as "obsolete" yet, but if that's the only option...

What about submitting an GWN item?

Cheers,
-jkt

--