Mailing List Archive

Fwd: Gentoo Linux Bluetooth Guide
FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Peter Gazi <gazi@dcs.fmph.uniba.sk>
Date: 2010/7/15
Subject: Gentoo Linux Bluetooth Guide
To: deathwing00@gentoo.org

Hi there,

just a quick feedback to the Gentoo Linux Bluetooth Guide from a user:

- currently there are no net-wireless/bluez-libs
net-wireless/bluez-utils packages in my (stable) portage.
- there is no kdebluetooth, it seems the package is called kbluetooth.

I just noticed these minor things while using your guide and thought
this might help.

Thanks for your work,

Peter

--
Ioannis Aslanidis
Re: Fwd: Gentoo Linux Bluetooth Guide [ In reply to ]
Ioannis Aslanidis <deathwing00@gentoo.org> writes:

> FYI

[...]
> just a quick feedback to the Gentoo Linux Bluetooth Guide from a user:
>
> - currently there are no net-wireless/bluez-libs
> net-wireless/bluez-utils packages in my (stable) portage.

There was really a move to net-wireless/bluez, but as Josh Saddler said
in bug 286826 (#6), it's not just the same package under a different
name.

Some helper tools are gone (like passkey-agent). Same goes for daemons -
elog messages say hidd is now only built when USE="+old-daemons".

> - there is no kdebluetooth, it seems the package is called kbluetooth.

I'm not a kde user, so I can't help with this one.

There is already a bug about updating the bluetooth guide (286826, the
same I mentioned above), due to which it was marked as draft.

Revision 1.17
Mon Jun 21 19:03:09 2010 UTC (3 weeks, 2 days ago) by nightmorph
guide. bug 286826."

--
Nuno J. Silva
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg