Any comments, sugestions and objections are more than welcome.

Kindest regards,
Yuri.
Re: FRC: debtools herd creation [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 16 May 2008 11:19:45 -0500
Yuri Vasilevski <yvasilev@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I'll be adding things like debhelper, lintian and a little
> bit later things like apt, aptitude, cdebootstrap, debian-live and
> some more. Also there is debootstrap with
> maintainer-needed@gentoo.org which I'd like to adopt.

I dabbled with dpatch a few times:
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rooversj/gentoo/dpatch-2.0.21.ebuild
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rooversj/gentoo/dpatch-2.0.27.ebuild
http://www.xs4all.nl/~rooversj/gentoo/dpatch-2.0.29.ebuild

Kind regards,
JeR
Re: FRC: debtools herd creation [ In reply to ]
On Friday 16 May 2008, Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
> I will be adding some debian build tools to the tree, and would like to
> create the debtools herd to associate with the packages.
>
> I'll be adding things like debhelper, lintian and a little
> bit later things like apt, aptitude, cdebootstrap, debian-live and some
> more. Also there is debootstrap with maintainer-needed@gentoo.org which I'd
> like to adopt.

if you want to take "debianutils" as well, that'd be great
-mike
Re: FRC: debtools herd creation [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 11:19 -0500, Yuri Vasilevski wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I will be adding some debian build tools to the tree, and would like to
> create the debtools herd to associate with the packages.
>
> I'll be adding things like debhelper, lintian and a little
> bit later things like apt, aptitude, cdebootstrap, debian-live and some more.
> Also there is debootstrap with maintainer-needed@gentoo.org which I'd
> like to adopt.
>
> Any comments, sugestions and objections are more than welcome.
>
> Kindest regards,
> Yuri.

Please also add fakechroot (bug #202144).

Thanks,
Albert

Re: FRC: debtools herd creation [ In reply to ]
В Птн, 16/05/2008 в 11:19 -0500, Yuri Vasilevski пишет:
> I'll be adding things like debhelper, lintian and a little
> bit later things like apt, aptitude, cdebootstrap, debian-live and
> some more.

If you ever will need lockdev ebuild, don't waste your time. Take it
here:

http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/pva/browser/dev-libs/lockdev/

I needed it as I wanted to try schroot but after some attempts (without
much luck) and I've went with writing my own script to manage chroots.

Peter.

Re: Re: FRC: debtools herd creation [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 20:06 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> Yuri Vasilevski <yvasilev@gentoo.org> writes:
>
> > I will be adding some debian build tools to the tree, and would like to
> > create the debtools herd to associate with the packages.
>
> Just please don't add Debian-OpenSSL ;)

actually, the ssh-keyvuln would be nice. see #221759

-nc

Re: Re: FRC: debtools herd creation [ In reply to ]
On 2008-05-20 08:56, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 20:06 +0200, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
>> Yuri Vasilevski <yvasilev@gentoo.org> writes:
>>
>>> I will be adding some debian build tools to the tree, and would like to
>>> create the debtools herd to associate with the packages.
>> Just please don't add Debian-OpenSSL ;)
>
> actually, the ssh-keyvuln would be nice. see #221759
Our security team is currently discussing this (or rather something
similar) on oss-sec with other distribution maintainers. It certainly is
a work in progress. :)

--
Christian Hoffmann
Re: FRC: debtools herd creation [ In reply to ]
Peter Volkov wrote:
> В Птн, 16/05/2008 в 11:19 -0500, Yuri Vasilevski пишет:
>> I'll be adding things like debhelper, lintian and a little
>> bit later things like apt, aptitude, cdebootstrap, debian-live and
>> some more.
>
> If you ever will need lockdev ebuild, don't waste your time. Take it
> here:
>
> http://overlays.gentoo.org/dev/pva/browser/dev-libs/lockdev/
>
> I needed it as I wanted to try schroot but after some attempts (without
> much luck) and I've went with writing my own script to manage chroots.

did you publish it?

If works better than schroot maybe others could enjoy it ^^

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member