Alternative: Create a new herd (name?) for such tools.

Cheers,
Tiziano

Re: Putting edac and ipmi (and other server-related) packages in a herd [ In reply to ]
В Вск, 20/04/2008 в 20:02 +0200, Tiziano Müller пишет:
> What do you think of putting edac and ipmi stuff (and maybe other
> server-related monitoring/controlling stuff) into the sysadmin herd?
>
> Alternative: Create a new herd (name?) for such tools.

Actually this thread follows discussion in bug #199284. This move is a
good idea, and taking into account that sysadmin herd includes only one
developer and two packages seems that it's better not to create new
herd. Current list of packages to be included in herd is

sys-apps/ipmitool
sys-apps/ipmiutil
sys-libs/freeipmi
sys-libs/openipmi
sys-apps/edac-utils

and most of them are maintained by robbat2. So Robin, please,
comment! :)

--
Peter.
Re: Putting edac and ipmi (and other server-related) packages in a herd [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 12:52:01PM +0400, Peter Volkov wrote:
> sys-apps/ipmitool
> sys-apps/ipmiutil
> sys-libs/freeipmi
> sys-libs/openipmi
> sys-apps/edac-utils
>
> and most of them are maintained by robbat2. So Robin, please,
> comment! :)
Please don't CC me since I am actually on the list.

If you paid attention to my previous pleas looking for maintainers,
you'd see that _all_ o the IPMI stuff is up for grabs, because I don't
personally have any access to IPMI hardware anymore. (iSCSI stuff is up
too).

Thusly, as I've said several times, if you have the hardware, take the
bugs, and put yourself in the metadata.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy