Mailing List Archive

"Projectifying" the TeX herd
Hi,

I'm planning to "projectify" very soon the TeX herd by adding a tex
subdirectory in gentoo/xml/htdocs/proj/en (like other languages
already have); This will be very minimalistic at first but will allow me
to put some documentation resources there (like the TeX Live migration
how-to), and also adding some more visible goals, which will probably
help communication to users (like plans to deprecate tetex as it has had
no upstream for a while, but we still rely a lot on it; another idea
would be to provide a tool to guess which texlive package to install
if you need a specific texmf file).
Despite me asking for someone else, nobody stepped up as a lead, so
I suppose I'll be the lead "by default".

Of course, anybody is very welcome (and encouraged) to join, especially
if you handle some TeX related packages. And don't worry if maintaining
a TeX distribution frightens you, you won't be forced to do it if you're
in ;)

Regards,

Alexis.