two activities that he enjoys.

Let's all give him a warm welcome.

Denis.
Re: New developer : Mike Pagano (mpagano) [ In reply to ]
Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> Yes people, Mike is older than Uncle Seemant, and even older than me.

But is he older than nerdboy? Do we have competition for the Crotchety Old Man
title? Are we going to hear lots of stories that start with "when I was your age"?

Welcome Mike!

Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
Re: New developer : Mike Pagano (mpagano) [ In reply to ]
Andrew Gaffney a écrit :
> But is he older than nerdboy? Do we have competition for the Crotchety
> Old Man title? Are we going to hear lots of stories that start with
> "when I was your age"?

20 miles to school, barefooted, uphill both ways? Sounds familiar ;)

> Welcome Mike!

+1 on that. Cheers for Mike !

Rémi
Re: New developer : Mike Pagano (mpagano) [ In reply to ]
On 10/3/07, Denis Dupeyron <calchan@gentoo.org> wrote:

> It's my pleasure to introduce Mike Pagano (mpagano) who has been
> wrangling kernel bugs for some time already, and will now do so as a
> full Gentoo developer.

Let's all give him a warm welcome.

> Welcome Mike, you have been doing a great job on kernel bugs. Glad to see
you on board.

Regards,
Jason Smathers
Re: New developer : Mike Pagano (mpagano) [ In reply to ]
Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> Denis Dupeyron wrote:
>> Yes people, Mike is older than Uncle Seemant, and even older than me.
>
> But is he older than nerdboy? Do we have competition for the Crotchety Old Man
> title? Are we going to hear lots of stories that start with "when I was your age"?

Or... "My first computer had 4K RAM..." Wow, does my wife hate it when
I start *that* conversation!

-Joe
Re: New developer : Mike Pagano (mpagano) [ In reply to ]
On K, 2007-10-03 at 10:53 -0600, Joe Peterson wrote:
> Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> > Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> >> Yes people, Mike is older than Uncle Seemant, and even older than me.
> >
> > But is he older than nerdboy? Do we have competition for the Crotchety Old Man
> > title? Are we going to hear lots of stories that start with "when I was your age"?
>
> Or... "My first computer had 4K RAM..."

Damn, mine had 48K

Welcome Mike!

--
Mart Raudsepp
Gentoo Developer
Re: New developer : Mike Pagano (mpagano) [ In reply to ]
Andrew Gaffney wrote:
> Denis Dupeyron wrote:
>> Yes people, Mike is older than Uncle Seemant, and even older than me.
>
> But is he older than nerdboy? Do we have competition for the Crotchety
> Old Man title? Are we going to hear lots of stories that start with
> "when I was your age"?
>
> Welcome Mike!

Well, neddyseagoon is more senior than nerdboy (or any other dev), but
he's not crotchety in the slightest. ;)

Anyway, welcome, Mike!
Re: New developer : Mike Pagano (mpagano) [ In reply to ]
Mart Raudsepp wrote:
> Damn, mine had 48K

Luxury!

> Welcome Mike!

And I forgot to welcome Mike; so welcome Mike!

-Joe
Re: New developer : Mike Pagano (mpagano) [ In reply to ]
Denis Dupeyron wrote:
> Mike is also an
> amateur cyclist who logs a bit over 4000 miles a year, with a racing
> career that has slowly given away to age.
Aww ;)
> Yes people, Mike is older
> than Uncle Seemant, and even older than me. So kids, please, don't go
> and disturb him while he's having a nap or reading a book which are
> two activities that he enjoys.

Yay! Glad to see it's not *all* college students. Now, about that
teletype.. ;P

[Please, *not* the punch-card stories! \o/]

Thanks for the kernel work, Mike.