within the last two months, we were able to finally unmask python 2.5 today.

On behalf of the Gentoo Python Team,
dev-zero
Re: Python 2.5 unmasked [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 2007-08-23 at 17:01 +0200, Tiziano Müller wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Thanks to an increased number of people who helped with testing and fixing
> within the last two months, we were able to finally unmask python 2.5 today.
>
> On behalf of the Gentoo Python Team,
> dev-zero

Nice to know this, python 2.4 is really broken for us but python 2.5 is
the right thing to do imo. Too bad it took too much to unmask it.
But great work everyone. Maybe it's time to send some msg to GWN about
python-updater.

Re: Python 2.5 unmasked [ In reply to ]
Tiziano Müller wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Thanks to an increased number of people who helped with testing and fixing
> within the last two months, we were able to finally unmask python 2.5 today.

Looking at the next Gnome (2.20) is there any chance we could coordinate
stabling of both sets of packages ?

Thanks for the unmasking :)

Cheers,
Rémi
Re: Python 2.5 unmasked [ In reply to ]
Thanks!
Is there any roadmap for stabilizing python-2.5(as in weeks,months,
decades?) ;)
If anything goes into the GWN I think people running 'arch' would like to know
when they will be affected.

--
2.6.22-gentoo-r2
Re: Python 2.5 unmasked [ In reply to ]
Thomas Anderson wrote:

> Thanks!
> Is there any roadmap for stabilizing python-2.5(as in weeks,months,
> decades?) ;)

Well, I guess we should just apply the usual "30 days rule" here.
Re: Python 2.5 unmasked [ In reply to ]
Luis Medinas wrote:

> Nice to know this, python 2.4 is really broken for us but python 2.5 is
> the right thing to do imo. Too bad it took too much to unmask it.

Well, finally some good people joined the python-herd and helped with testing
and fixing instead of just grumbling around.
Re: Re: Python 2.5 unmasked [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 12:43 +0200, Tiziano Müller wrote:
> Luis Medinas wrote:
>
> > Nice to know this, python 2.4 is really broken for us but python 2.5 is
> > the right thing to do imo. Too bad it took too much to unmask it.
>
> Well, finally some good people joined the python-herd and helped with testing
> and fixing instead of just grumbling around.

Maybe you might not remember but i was one of code monkeys who did
patches do get the whole thing done quick.
Definitly the python herd seems understaffed even ruby (as a much less
popular language) has more members. This was a good week for the python
herd nice job!

Re: Re: Python 2.5 unmasked [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 14:53 +0100, Luis Medinas wrote:

> Definitly the python herd seems understaffed even ruby (as a much less
> popular language) has more members. This was a good week for the python
> herd nice job!

Obviously ruby is much more fun than python, so there should be more
people in the herd. ;-)

Having said that, herd size is not a good indication for the amount of
people actively committing and fixing bugs. With the ruby herd maybe
half the people have been active recently[1], for example.

I think it makes sense if people who aren't actively working in a herd
remove themselves from it. If you want to just keep monitoring what's
going on there is always the herd's email alias. Or am I overlooking
something here?

Kind regards,

Hans

1. With a generous definition of 'recent'