Mailing List Archive

My answers to the questions for the council candidates
Christina Fullam kirjoitti:
> Just a reminder about nominations and voting...
> If anyone is still interested in running, you have one week left for
> nominations.
> Most who have accepted havent told us why we should vote for them. While
> that information is not required perhaps it should be if we are to make
> intelligent votes - sorry this isnt a popularity contest so give us some
> content to review.

Dunno. Seems like a popularity contest to me :) Of course answering the
questions well can increase your popularity.

> 1) What you will do

Provide my knowledge and hopefully get things done. As for the goal side
I will push for getting EAPI-0 and EAPI-1 finished and accepted.

> 2) Why you will do it

To loose the right to blame others.

> 3) How you will do it

With sticks and carrots.

> 4) What is the timescale for doing it

Of course it would be great to provide some far reaching visions at this
point but I think it would be better to focus on the bunch of important
things on the table that need doing and after getting that stuff done
start to think about the next things to do.

> 5) What experience do you have with this or a similar role

At least some people should remember what I did during 2006.

> 6) Why do you think you are qualified

At least I am the Java and Recruiters lead.

> 7) How you plan to balance a council role with your current Gentoo role

I will make Calchan and Java monkeys do all the work for me :)

> 8) How much time can you dedicate to the council role

A couple hours weekly should not be much of a problem.

But really if you need any further info just ping me on IRC or of course
you can ask here too. My irssi never sleeps.

Regards,
Petteri