ebuilds and make sure they have the true package deps and perhaps help
lighten Donnie's load.

Thanks
Re: virtual/x11 cleanups [ In reply to ]
On 7/22/07, Steev Klimaszewski <steev@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Donnie wants to remove virtual/x11 (can ya blame him?) and since Josh_B
> has retired (for now! ;) ) I wanted to help Donnie out a bit, since he
> is busy and X is a massive undertaking... a "quick" grep of the tree
> excluding ChangeLog files shows 3319 occurrences of virtual/x11 still in
> the tree.

Good idea. How about using bug #168328 as a tracker or opening a new one ?

> I don't have a list as that is a lot of occurrences, so if
> you maintain something that uses X, please take a glance through your
> ebuilds and make sure they have the true package deps and perhaps help
> lighten Donnie's load.

In any case I'll handle sci-electronics and dev-embedded as usual.

Denis.
Re: virtual/x11 cleanups [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:48:48 -0500
Steev Klimaszewski <steev@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Donnie wants to remove virtual/x11 (can ya blame him?) and since
> Josh_B has retired (for now! ;) ) I wanted to help Donnie out a bit,
> since he is busy and X is a massive undertaking... a "quick" grep of
> the tree excluding ChangeLog files shows 3319 occurrences of
> virtual/x11 still in the tree. I don't have a list as that is a lot
> of occurrences, so if you maintain something that uses X, please take
> a glance through your ebuilds and make sure they have the true
> package deps and perhaps help lighten Donnie's load.

I decided to just start committing tonight, and some #gentoo-commits
spectators apparently noticed and wanted to join in the fun. Between
me, calchan, omp, graaff, drac, dirtyepic, and pva, we finished
all of the changes! Sorry if I left anyone out, I just looked on CIA
(which we completely took control of, btw).

Thanks,
Donnie