Mailing List Archive

have any developers subscribed to -project?
Do any devs subscribe to -project because no replies have yet to be
heard from developers...
Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 20:58 +0100, George Prowse wrote:
> Do any devs subscribe to -project because no replies have yet to be
> heard from developers...

Please stop flooding my inbox.

--
Ned Ludd <solar@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux

Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
George Prowse <cokehabit@gmail.com> posted 46A113DF.8010402@gmail.com,
excerpted below, on Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:58:23 +0100:

> Do any devs subscribe to -project because no replies have yet to be
> heard from developers...

It's likely some subscriptions are caught in limbo. See my question on
the "Getting -project started" thread. A reply said he had to confirm
twice, and neither gmane nor the Gentoo archive appear to be getting
posts to it.

So anyone (devs or users) that has subscribed and isn't getting anything,
please re-confirm. I'm going to ask gmane to do so as well.

Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
++

On 7/20/07, Ned Ludd <solar@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 20:58 +0100, George Prowse wrote:
> > Do any devs subscribe to -project because no replies have yet to be
> > heard from developers...
>
> Please stop flooding my inbox.
>
> --
> Ned Ludd <solar@gentoo.org>
> Gentoo Linux

Ioannis Aslanidis

<deathwing00[at]gentoo.org> 0xB9B11F4E
Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
Ned Ludd wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 20:58 +0100, George Prowse wrote:
>
>> Do any devs subscribe to -project because no replies have yet to be
>> heard from developers...
>>

> Please stop flooding my inbox.

It is an honest developer question because it was meant to have discussions between developers there and if no developers subscribe then what is the point of having it? You might as well just close it now

Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
George Prowse wrote:
> Ned Ludd wrote:
>> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 20:58 +0100, George Prowse wrote:
>>
>>> Do any devs subscribe to -project because no replies have yet to be
>>> heard from developers...
>>>

>> Please stop flooding my inbox.
>>
> It is an honest developer question because it was meant to have
> discussions between developers there and if no developers subscribe
> then what is the point of having it? You might as well just close it now

Just because only 1 person (a non-developer) replied to your e-mail (and
I quote):

Well, i'm not sure if this list is working because I have not yet
recieved any emails from it but...

What ideas do people have for improving relations?

Does not mean no developers are subscribed. Maybe some are and maybe
they don't have any ideas or maybe they do and they're just keeping quiet.

Is there ABSOLUTELY ANY POINT TO THIS THREAD THAT YOU CREATED? OR ANY
POINT TO YOUR FOLLOW UP E-MAIL?!

Reply to me off list if you care to reply, because I know not a single
person on the list cares to see this thread get any larger or your reply.

Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
George Prowse schrieb:
> Do any devs subscribe to -project because no replies have yet to be
> heard from developers...
sure
Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
George Prowse wrote:
> Ned Ludd wrote:
>> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 20:58 +0100, George Prowse wrote:
>>
>>> Do any devs subscribe to -project because no replies have yet to be
>>> heard from developers...
>>>

>> Please stop flooding my inbox.
>>
> It is an honest developer question because it was meant to have
> discussions between developers there and if no developers subscribe
> then what is the point of having it? You might as well just close it now

I agree. They complain about us coming here for their input but they
won't come to where we are so we can get theirs.

I posted this on -project and I'm going to post it here. This is my
answer to people being rude and disrespectful to us users. I'm making a
list of the people that say things they shouldn't, just like a post here
from kingtaco a day or so ago. People on that list will NOT be voted in
for anything by me and there may be others that will follow this list.
I'll make sure it is public and may even post the reason/post for the
addition to the list. So, if you want to continue acting the way some
few are, that's fine, but I have in the past few days decided to grow a
pair and will make sure every one knows my opinion.

I feel it is time for a change with regard to a few people that give
everybody else and Gentoo a bad PR. This is my little contribution to
Gentoo.

Dale

:-) :-)
Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
Dale napsal(a):
> George Prowse wrote:
>> Ned Ludd wrote:

>>> Please stop flooding my inbox.
>>>
>> It is an honest developer question because it was meant to have
>> discussions between developers there and if no developers subscribe
>> then what is the point of having it? You might as well just close it now
>>

> I agree. They complain about us coming here for their input but they
> won't come to where we are so we can get theirs.

_ _ ____ _ _ _
| | | |/ ___| | | | |
| | | | | _| |_| | |
| |_| | |_| | _ |_|
\___/ \____|_| |_(_)

Stop flooding my mailbox as well with this irrelevant junk finally, it's
totally off-topic here; if you want to complain that noone loves you,
then go to your nanny, I'm not interested.

--
Best regards,

Jakub Moc
mailto:jakub@gentoo.org
GPG signature:
http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

... still no signature ;)
Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
Dale wrote:
> George Prowse wrote:
>> Ned Ludd wrote:

>>> Please stop flooding my inbox.
>>>
>> It is an honest developer question because it was meant to have
>> discussions between developers there and if no developers subscribe
>> then what is the point of having it? You might as well just close it now
>>

> I agree. They complain about us coming here for their input but they
> won't come to where we are so we can get theirs.
>
> I posted this on -project and I'm going to post it here. This is my
> answer to people being rude and disrespectful to us users. I'm making a
> list of the people that say things they shouldn't, just like a post here
> from kingtaco a day or so ago. People on that list will NOT be voted in
> for anything by me and there may be others that will follow this list.
> I'll make sure it is public and may even post the reason/post for the
> addition to the list. So, if you want to continue acting the way some
> few are, that's fine, but I have in the past few days decided to grow a
> pair and will make sure every one knows my opinion.
>
> I feel it is time for a change with regard to a few people that give
> everybody else and Gentoo a bad PR. This is my little contribution to
> Gentoo.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)
No, we complain about non-technical posts showing up here... and guess
what ^^^^ is... please take it to -project if it isn't technical.
Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
Dale wrote:
> George Prowse wrote:
>> Ned Ludd wrote:

>>> Please stop flooding my inbox.
>>>
>> It is an honest developer question because it was meant to have
>> discussions between developers there and if no developers subscribe
>> then what is the point of having it? You might as well just close it now
>>

> I agree. They complain about us coming here for their input but they
> won't come to where we are so we can get theirs.
>
> I posted this on -project and I'm going to post it here. This is my
> answer to people being rude and disrespectful to us users. I'm making a
> list of the people that say things they shouldn't, just like a post here
> from kingtaco a day or so ago. People on that list will NOT be voted in
> for anything by me and there may be others that will follow this list.
> I'll make sure it is public and may even post the reason/post for the
> addition to the list. So, if you want to continue acting the way some
> few are, that's fine, but I have in the past few days decided to grow a
> pair and will make sure every one knows my opinion.
>
> I feel it is time for a change with regard to a few people that give
> everybody else and Gentoo a bad PR. This is my little contribution to
> Gentoo.
>
> Dale
>
> :-) :-)
Thanks for the shout out. You should know that because you continue to waste
megabytes of our bandwidth and countless man hours for everyone who reads you
dribble, you've now made my kill file. This means I won't be voting for you in
all non existent votes that don't matter in the slightest.

Most importantly, thank you for showing why moderation of lists is important
and useful.

In case you're too clueless to understand my sarcasm, get this shit off the
list and somewhere appropriate. /dev/null would be a good start. When there
are topics devs are interested in on -project then they will join and
participate. You complaining isn't something anyone other than yourself is
interested in.

Hugs and Kisses,

--taco
Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
Mike Doty wrote:
> Dale wrote:
>
>> George Prowse wrote:

>>> It is an honest developer question because it was meant to have
>>> discussions between developers there and if no developers subscribe
>>> then what is the point of having it? You might as well just close it now
>>>

>> I agree. They complain about us coming here for their input but they
>> won't come to where we are so we can get theirs.
>>
>> I posted this on -project and I'm going to post it here. This is my
>> answer to people being rude and disrespectful to us users. I'm making a
>> list of the people that say things they shouldn't, just like a post here
>> from kingtaco a day or so ago. People on that list will NOT be voted in
>> for anything by me and there may be others that will follow this list.
>> I'll make sure it is public and may even post the reason/post for the
>> addition to the list. So, if you want to continue acting the way some
>> few are, that's fine, but I have in the past few days decided to grow a
>> pair and will make sure every one knows my opinion.
>>
>> I feel it is time for a change with regard to a few people that give
>> everybody else and Gentoo a bad PR. This is my little contribution to
>> Gentoo.
>>
>> Dale
>>
>> :-) :-)
>>
> Thanks for the shout out. You should know that because you continue to waste
> megabytes of our bandwidth and countless man hours for everyone who reads you
> dribble, you've now made my kill file. This means I won't be voting for you in
> all non existent votes that don't matter in the slightest.
>
> Most importantly, thank you for showing why moderation of lists is important
> and useful.
>
> In case you're too clueless to understand my sarcasm, get this shit off the
> list and somewhere appropriate. /dev/null would be a good start. When there
> are topics devs are interested in on -project then they will join and
> participate. You complaining isn't something anyone other than yourself is
> interested in.
>
> Hugs and Kisses,
>
> --taco

I rest my case. You just made it for me. Well done too.

Dale
Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]

Mike Doty wrote:
> In case you're too clueless to understand my sarcasm, get this shit off the
> list and somewhere appropriate. /dev/null would be a good start. When there
> are topics devs are interested in on -project then they will join and
> participate. You complaining isn't something anyone other than yourself is
> interested in.

Guys, this is unnecessary. He asked a legitimate questions, even if it *was*
offtopic. The -project list was created only a few days ago. We've had -dev
for years. Changes are not going to happen overnight, or even in a week. It'll
take some time, and require some education on our part to point people (devs and
users alike) to the right lists. Yelling at them, or otherwise cursing (even if
it was sarcasm) is not gonna get the job done.

Let's try to be cordial about it, k? Besides, I saw this neat little blurb
looking at debian's ML CoC:

* Do not use foul language; besides, some people receive the lists via packet
radio, where swearing is illegal.

* Try not to flame; it is not polite.

So yeah, stop swearing before the authorities come after us for swearing over
packet radio! :P

--Kumba

--
Gentoo/MIPS Team Lead

"Such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands
do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere." --Elrond
Re: have any developers subscribed to -project? [ In reply to ]
George Prowse wrote:
> Do any devs subscribe to -project because no replies have yet to be
> heard from developers...

I would just like to apologise. The reason why so little (e.g. none)
replies to a certain email were recieved was because list does not have
"reply to munging" enabled and therefore only went to one person on the list