Mailing List Archive

Council Nominations
All,

You've all stated that you accept or don't accept (but this is targeted
at the acceptors, sorry non-acceptors) but the people that accept
haven't really given much reason as to why they would be a good
candidate. In fact many of the nominations don't even have that
information attached. Because right now, no one has earned my vote. If
it came down to voting right now, I'd have to side with all the American
Republicans in the crowd and vote "None of the Above" [1] [2].

So, let's hear some reasons why I as a Gentoo developer should vote for
you. And here's a hint, be more forward looking then the current 100+
post threads on the -dev ML. Let's hear your {2,3,5} year plan for Gentoo.

For the sake of everyone's sanity, please don't reply directly to this
thread. Please start a new thread that states "So and So's Platform" or
some such. Also, if you want to blog it or put it on your dev webspace
it might be a better idea. That being said, that means there should be
no replies to this thread.

[1] http://www.fark.com
[2]
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070717/ap_on_el_pr/presidential_race_ap_poll

--
Doug Goldstein
Re: Council Nominations [ In reply to ]
* Doug Goldstein <cardoe@gentoo.org>:
> So, let's hear some reasons why I as a Gentoo developer should vote for
> you. And here's a hint, be more forward looking then the current 100+
> post threads on the -dev ML. Let's hear your {2,3,5} year plan for Gentoo.

Sounds good.

> For the sake of everyone's sanity, please don't reply directly to this
> thread. Please start a new thread that states "So and So's Platform" or
> some such. Also, if you want to blog it or put it on your dev webspace
> it might be a better idea. That being said, that means there should be
> no replies to this thread.

I do ignore it and reply anyway:
- because the statments can/should be archived in council's project
space (see the nomination list of 2005). Details need to be worked
out.
I think blog links don't work very well here.
- and since today we have the project list. I think these statements
should be send to -project (or is it an announcement and should go to
-dev-announce with follow ups to -project?)

Thanks.