Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@gentoo.org> posted f7p5ks$f3u$1@sea.gmane.org,
excerpted below, on Thu, 19 Jul 2007 20:11:38 -0600:

> Robin H. Johnson wrote:
>
>> gentoo-project
>> gentoo-dev-announce
>
> These are on gmane now as well. -dev-announce as RO and -project as RW.

Thanks. I checked earlier and didn't see them. I was going to request
them on gmane but hadn't yet. Now I can subscribe. =8^)

Re: Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 09:15:31PM -0500, lnxg33k wrote:
> Ryan Hill wrote:
> > These are on gmane now as well. -dev-announce as RO and -project as RW.
>
> I'm sure everyone is busy and this is already in the works, but updating the
> list page [1] would be helpful as well -- along with any other documentation
> that might be appropriate.
I updated the lists page.

They should have turned up on archives as well, but don't seem to have
yet.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
"Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@gentoo.org> posted
20070720051758.GE12664@curie-int.orbis-terrarum.net, excerpted below, on
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:17:58 -0700:

> On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 09:15:31PM -0500, lnxg33k wrote:
>> Ryan Hill wrote:
>> > These are on gmane now as well. -dev-announce as RO and -project as
>> > RW.
>>
> They should have turned up on archives as well, but don't seem to have
> yet.

I'm subscribed to the gmane groups and haven't seen anything there yet
either, despite the fact that at least one message I xposted, should be
on both dev and project, and I see others referencing posting to project
but don't see anything on it on gmane at all.

Is anybody subscribed by mail getting stuff on project yet? If neither
gmane or gentoo's archives are showing anything...

Re: Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
Duncan wrote:
> "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@gentoo.org> posted
> 20070720051758.GE12664@curie-int.orbis-terrarum.net, excerpted below, on
> Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:17:58 -0700:

>> They should have turned up on archives as well, but don't seem to have
>> yet.
>
> I'm subscribed to the gmane groups and haven't seen anything there yet
> either, despite the fact that at least one message I xposted, should be
> on both dev and project, and I see others referencing posting to project
> but don't see anything on it on gmane at all.
>
> Is anybody subscribed by mail getting stuff on project yet? If neither
> gmane or gentoo's archives are showing anything...

I am
Re: Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
Duncan wrote:
> Is anybody subscribed by mail getting stuff on project yet? If neither
> gmane or gentoo's archives are showing anything...

I've received two mails (I believe that's all) after subscribing sometime
wednesday.
Re: Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
Duncan wrote:
> "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@gentoo.org> posted
> 20070720051758.GE12664@curie-int.orbis-terrarum.net, excerpted below, on
> Thu, 19 Jul 2007 22:17:58 -0700:

>> They should have turned up on archives as well, but don't seem to have
>> yet.
>>

> I'm subscribed to the gmane groups and haven't seen anything there yet
> either, despite the fact that at least one message I xposted, should be
> on both dev and project, and I see others referencing posting to project
> but don't see anything on it on gmane at all.
>
> Is anybody subscribed by mail getting stuff on project yet? If neither
> gmane or gentoo's archives are showing anything...

I had to send the confirmation email twice then it started sending me
emails. WE may have caught it before we should have and something
didn't take. May want to dig out the confirm email and send it one more
time.

I am getting post to -project so it is working.

Dale

:-) :-)
Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
Dale <dalek1967@bellsouth.net> posted 46A10D0F.9050500@bellsouth.net,
excerpted below, on Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:29:19 -0500:

[About the project list as carried on gmane.]

> I had to send the confirmation email twice then it started sending me
> emails. WE may have caught it before we should have and something
> didn't take. May want to dig out the confirm email and send it one more
> time.
>
> I am getting post to -project so it is working.

Thanks, everyone. gmane's sub probably got caught in limbo and didn't
take either, so it's not getting mail to gateway to the newsgroup. I'll
take it up with gmane.

Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@gentoo.org> posted f80a59$t6s$2@sea.gmane.org,
excerpted below, on Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:11:37 -0600:

> I'm getting them through gmane fine. About 48 posts so far on -project,
> and one test post on -dev-announce.

Yes, I found out my news client installation is buggy, and not seeing
posts in the two groups for some reason. I've not traced it down just
yet, but other pan users say they see the posts, so it's definitely my
installation, not a general list/group/gmane issue, and not a general pan
issue.

Thanks. I'm working on it (and don't intend to spam this list with
further mention, thanks everyone for your patience as the kinks get
worked out, mine and others).

Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
Robin H. Johnson wrote:

> gentoo-project
> gentoo-dev-announce

These are on gmane now as well. -dev-announce as RO and -project as RW.

--
dirtyepic salesman said this vacuum's guaranteed
gentoo org it could suck an ancient virus from the sea

Re: Getting -project started [ In reply to ]
Duncan wrote:
> Dale <dalek1967@bellsouth.net> posted 46A10D0F.9050500@bellsouth.net,
> excerpted below, on Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:29:19 -0500:
>
> [About the project list as carried on gmane.]
>
>> I had to send the confirmation email twice then it started sending me
>> emails. WE may have caught it before we should have and something
>> didn't take. May want to dig out the confirm email and send it one more
>> time.
>>
>> I am getting post to -project so it is working.
>
> Thanks, everyone. gmane's sub probably got caught in limbo and didn't
> take either, so it's not getting mail to gateway to the newsgroup. I'll
> take it up with gmane.

I'm getting them through gmane fine. About 48 posts so far on -project,
and one test post on -dev-announce.

--
dirtyepic you'd be tossed up or wash up, the narrator relates
gentoo org in a spartan antarctican walk for many days