Petteri
--
Gentoo/Recruiters lead
Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
Welcome Ali! And no, I don't think I will challenge you in chess any
time soon. :)

-Joe

Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
On Wednesday, June 20, 2007 06:54:42 PM Petteri Räty wrote:
> It's my usual pleasure to introduce to you Ali "hawking" Polatel who
> [...] is the National Master to be more exact.

Where's Deep Blue when you need it?! ;-)

Welcome, Ali!

Best regards, Wulf
Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 19:14 +0200, Wulf C. Krueger wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 20, 2007 06:54:42 PM Petteri Räty wrote:
> > It's my usual pleasure to introduce to you Ali "hawking" Polatel who
> > [...] is the National Master to be more exact.
>
> Where's Deep Blue when you need it?! ;-)

Wasn't built for playing chess, it's purpose has already been served,
42. Now nothing left to do but watch TV :)

Welcome aboard Ali from Istanbul, not Constantinople.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java
Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 2007-06-20 at 19:54 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
> It's my usual pleasure to introduce to you Ali "hawking" Polatel who
> will be joining us to help with the netmon stuff. Ali hails us from
> Turkey. He is currently a physics engineering stupid in the Istanbul

Contrary to popular opinion, I am going to go with ^ student and not
stupid :) We will save the stupid till after a few commits ;)

Ali, hope you brought your sense of humor with you.

--
William L. Thomson Jr.
Gentoo/Java
Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
Petteri Räty wrote:
> It's my usual pleasure to introduce to you Ali "hawking" Polatel who
> will be joining us to help with the netmon stuff. Ali hails us from
> Turkey. He is currently a physics engineering stupid in the Istanbul
> Technical University and a real wizard in chess. He is the National
> Master to be more exact.

Ohh, so he must be also a good teacher ^^

> Please give him the usual warm welcome and try to beat him in online chess.

Sounds quite tempting...

Welcome, thank you for joining gentoo =)

lu - now I need a go teacher...

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC
http://dev.gentoo.org/~lu_zero
Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
welcome here too ;)

i assume Petteri means to apply sed s/stupid/student/ ? ;)

unfortunately i didn't play chess in way too long so i now suck :(

--
Thomas Raschbacher
http://www.lordvan.com

<quote who="Joe Peterson">

Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
On K, 2007-06-20 at 19:54 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
> It's my usual pleasure to introduce to you Ali "hawking" Polatel who
> will be joining us to help with the netmon stuff.

Welcome Ali!

> Ali hails us from
> Turkey. He is currently a physics engineering stupid in the Istanbul
> Technical University and a real wizard in chess. He is the National
> Master to be more exact. Please give him the usual warm welcome and try
> to beat him in online chess.

Do you appear on FICS too? :)
I'd be happy to take you on, but get beaten anyway. I've played with the
local national masters around here and get beaten. Hard. ;p
Would be an honor to get defeated from the Turkish Master as well, but
who knows how'd the challenge go ;)

Cheers and welcome again,
Mart Raudsepp
Gentoo Developer
Mail: leio@gentoo.org
Weblog: http://planet.gentoo.org/developers/leio

Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
Mart Raudsepp <leio@dustbite.net> yazmış:
> On K, 2007-06-20 at 19:54 +0300, Petteri Räty wrote:
> > It's my usual pleasure to introduce to you Ali "hawking" Polatel who
> > will be joining us to help with the netmon stuff.
>
> Welcome Ali!
>
> > Ali hails us from
> > Turkey. He is currently a physics engineering stupid in the Istanbul
> > Technical University and a real wizard in chess. He is the National
> > Master to be more exact. Please give him the usual warm welcome and try
> > to beat him in online chess.
>
> Do you appear on FICS too? :)

yup! my handle is thespiritoftal ;)

--
ali polatel (hawking)
Booze is the answer. I don't remember the question.
Re: New developer: Ali Polatel (hawking) [ In reply to ]
Petteri Räty wrote:
> It's my usual pleasure to introduce to you Ali "hawking" Polatel who
> will be joining us to help with the netmon stuff. Ali hails us from
> Turkey. He is currently a physics engineering stupid in the Istanbul
> Technical University and a real wizard in chess. He is the National
> Master to be more exact. Please give him the usual warm welcome and try
> to beat him in online chess.

That's the game with the horseys right?

Welcome to Gentoo!

--
dirtyepic salesman said this vacuum's guaranteed
gentoo org it could suck an ancient virus from the sea