--
voxus
:wq
Re: net-dns/bind{,-tools} needs an active maintainer [ In reply to ]
Konstantin V. Arkhipov wrote:
> i'm too busy with real life atm, is there anyone willing to help with bind's
> maintaining?

What's the current state of both packages? i.e. lots of open bugs? How
much attention do these packages need?

wkr,
Tobias
Re: net-dns/bind{,-tools} needs an active maintainer [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 17 June 2007 17:02:31 Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
> Konstantin V. Arkhipov wrote:
> > i'm too busy with real life atm, is there anyone willing to help with
> > bind's maintaining?
>
> What's the current state of both packages? i.e. lots of open bugs? How
> much attention do these packages need?

there is only one quite critical bug - 181703, which prevents stabilization of
9.4.

--
voxus
:wq
Re: net-dns/bind{,-tools} needs an active maintainer [ In reply to ]
Tobias Scherbaum napsal(a):
> Konstantin V. Arkhipov wrote:
>> i'm too busy with real life atm, is there anyone willing to help with bind's
>> maintaining?
>
> What's the current state of both packages? i.e. lots of open bugs?

Not really... 8 bugs altogether, 2 enhancements, 2 stabilization, 1
LDAP-related, 2 DLZ related, 1 hardened.

http://tinyurl.com/3cwhjv

--
Best regards,

Jakub Moc
mailto:jakub@gentoo.org
GPG signature:
http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95 B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

... still no signature ;)
Re: net-dns/bind{,-tools} needs an active maintainer [ In reply to ]
Jakub Moc wrote:
> Tobias Scherbaum napsal(a):
> > Konstantin V. Arkhipov wrote:
> >> i'm too busy with real life atm, is there anyone willing to help with bind's
> >> maintaining?
> >
> > What's the current state of both packages? i.e. lots of open bugs?
>
> Not really... 8 bugs altogether, 2 enhancements, 2 stabilization, 1
> LDAP-related, 2 DLZ related, 1 hardened.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/3cwhjv

Thanks Jakub :) I saved this search-command and try to help w/ bind.

wkr,
Tobias
Re: net-dns/bind{,-tools} needs an active maintainer [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 17 June 2007 19:12:51 Tobias Scherbaum wrote:
> Jakub Moc wrote:
> > Tobias Scherbaum napsal(a):
> > >
> > > What's the current state of both packages? i.e. lots of open bugs?
> >
> > Not really... 8 bugs altogether, 2 enhancements, 2 stabilization, 1
> > LDAP-related, 2 DLZ related, 1 hardened.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/3cwhjv
>
> Thanks Jakub :) I saved this search-command and try to help w/ bind.

thank you.

--
voxus
:wq
Re: net-dns/bind{,-tools} needs an active maintainer [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 17 June 2007 14:43:59 Konstantin V. Arkhipov wrote:
> i'm too busy with real life atm, is there anyone willing to help with
> bind's maintaining?

What happened to mjolnir (as in Martin Jackson) ? Didn't he also join the bind
herd, to help you fix stuff ?

Regards,

Christian

--
Christian Heim <phreak at gentoo.org>
GPG key ID: 9A9F68E6
Re: net-dns/bind{,-tools} needs an active maintainer [ In reply to ]
Christian Heim wrote:
> On Sunday 17 June 2007 14:43:59 Konstantin V. Arkhipov wrote:
>> i'm too busy with real life atm, is there anyone willing to help with
>> bind's maintaining?
>
> What happened to mjolnir (as in Martin Jackson) ? Didn't he also join the bind
> herd, to help you fix stuff ?

I'm still here...somewhat arch-limited and having a real life too. :)
The latest stabilization problems cropped up on arches I don't have
access to.

Thanks,
Marty
Re: net-dns/bind{,-tools} needs an active maintainer [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 12:18 -0500, Martin Jackson wrote:
> Christian Heim wrote:
> > On Sunday 17 June 2007 14:43:59 Konstantin V. Arkhipov wrote:
> >> i'm too busy with real life atm, is there anyone willing to help with
> >> bind's maintaining?
> >
> > What happened to mjolnir (as in Martin Jackson) ? Didn't he also join the bind
> > herd, to help you fix stuff ?
>
> I'm still here...somewhat arch-limited and having a real life too. :)
> The latest stabilization problems cropped up on arches I don't have
> access to.

What arches do you need access to?

--
Chris Gianelloni