Mailing List Archive

Gentoo/Alpha status
Hi all:

After kloeri's leaving, the Gentoo/Alpha crew wants to make a little
note about the status of the arch team:

Devs:
-----
- armin (general keywording)
- ferdy (general keywording and AT program)
- spb (selinux stuff)
- stefaan (openAFS)
- wolf (release stuff and keywording)
- yoswink (general keywording)
- Spanky (general fixing)

Contributors
------------
- grknight (arch tester)
- blackb|rd (dev box admin and testing)

Leadership
----------
ferdy is our new Strategic Leader. One leader is enough for such a
reduced group.

Security
--------
We are going to keep the status of security supported arch and ferdy is
also the new security laison though the rest of us generally work on
security bugs too.

Dev boxes
---------
After Virginia University announced it can't support our 7 box cluster
anymore, we've changed our dev box to a lovely AlphaServer ES40. We are
also waiting to osuosl to put on-line some boxes HP donated years ago.

Acknowledgements
----------------
During the last times, there were some changes in the people and
entities who have helped Gentoo/Alpha in different ways. We want to send
a big thanks to: Virginia University (and special to Dforge, for all the
support with the gendcc cluster), Tobias Klausmann (for providing the
new dev box), HP and OSUOSL (for the boxes and hosting) and, specially,
to Bryan (kloeri) for being always the great mentor and person we had in
#gentoo-alpha channel.

Thanks.

P.D: for those of you worried out there: *NO*. Gentoo/Alpha is *not*
going to have a different default package manager than the rest of Gentoo ;)

--
Life is not so serious, leave the flames and find a real vicious.

Jose Luis Rivero [yoswink@gentoo.org]
Gentoo/Doc Gentoo/Alpha

Re: Gentoo/Alpha status [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 09 Jun 2007 15:05:56 +0000
"Jose Luis Rivero (YosWinK)" <yoswink@gentoo.org> wrote:

> P.D: for those of you worried out there: *NO*. Gentoo/Alpha is *not*
> going to have a different default package manager than the rest of
> Gentoo ;)

...yet.

*flees*
Re: Re: Gentoo/Alpha status [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 20:13:11 +0100
Steve Long <slong@rathaus.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> thanks for increasing the SNR.

Pot, meet kettle.

And yes, I know I'm doing the same. However, I'm not complaining about
it, and I don't particularly care.
Re: Gentoo/Alpha status [ In reply to ]
Stephen Bennett wrote:
>> P.D: for those of you worried out there: *NO*. Gentoo/Alpha is *not*
>> going to have a different default package manager than the rest of
>> Gentoo ;)
>
> ...yet.
>
> *flees*

yeah that was a valuable technical insight wasn't it? oh noez it was another
one of those crap irc jokes that belongs in the bin. Gee: thanks for
increasing the SNR. QA: what's that? Oh noez gentoo has none (apparently..)
can't think why; must be lack of software that can run configure && make
install.. let's ditch our programming language!

<No mammals were harmed during the production of this email, altho one was,
perhaps, offended.. he'll get over it.>