Mailing List Archive

base packages up for grabs
working here is no longer fun; the following are up for <maintainer> grabs ...
drop me a line if something interests you
app-benchmarks/nbench
sys-power/nvram-wakeup
sys-power/nvram-reboot
sys-power/athcool
sys-process/runit
sys-process/minit
sys-process/schedutils
sys-process/acct
sys-process/atop
sys-process/supervise-scripts
sys-process/watchpid
net-misc/netkit-rsh
net-misc/netkit-fingerd
net-ftp/ftp
net-ftp/netkit-ftpd
sys-apps/smartmontools
sys-apps/gluelog
sys-apps/slocate
sys-apps/discover
sys-apps/syscriptor
sys-apps/tcb
sys-apps/minised
sys-apps/mawk
sys-apps/mii-diag
sys-apps/fakeroot
sys-apps/byld
sys-apps/mondo
sys-apps/sg3_utils
sys-apps/yard
sys-apps/logwatch
sys-apps/lshw
sys-apps/usbd
sys-apps/memtester
sys-apps/xmbmon
sys-apps/help2man
sys-apps/sysutils
sys-apps/isapnptools
sys-apps/miscfiles
sys-apps/dmidecode
sys-apps/setserial
sys-apps/man-db
sys-apps/initng
sys-apps/gscanbus
sys-apps/irqbalance
sys-apps/ethtool
sys-apps/turbotail
sys-apps/minutils
sys-apps/discover-data
sys-apps/microcode-ctl
sys-apps/debianutils
sys-apps/stat
sys-apps/netkit-base
sys-apps/memtest86
sys-apps/ren
sys-apps/mtree
sys-apps/initng-ifiles
sys-apps/rename
sys-apps/hprofile
sys-apps/dnotify
sys-apps/fbset
sys-apps/mkinitrd
sys-apps/ezusb2131
sys-apps/mindi-kernel
sys-fs/autorun
sys-fs/ntfsprogs
sys-fs/mdadm
sys-fs/ext2resize
sys-fs/dd-rescue
sys-fs/devfsd
sys-fs/multipath-tools
sys-fs/quotatool
sys-fs/lsscsi
sys-fs/quota
sys-fs/dosfstools
sys-fs/mtools
sys-fs/amiga-fdisk
sys-fs/device-mapper
sys-fs/reiser4progs
sys-fs/lde
sys-fs/cramfs
dev-util/autotoolset
dev-util/autoproject
dev-util/makepp
sys-block/di
sys-block/mbuffer
sys-block/nbd
sys-block/mtx
sys-block/noflushd
sys-block/buffer
sys-block/gpart
sys-libs/libcap
sys-libs/pwdb
sys-libs/lrmi
sys-libs/libraw1394
sys-libs/lib-compat
sys-libs/libavc1394
sys-libs/libieee1284
sys-libs/detect
sys-libs/gi-detect
sys-libs/libaal
sys-libs/gdbm
sys-libs/nss-db
app-admin/superadduser
app-admin/grubconfig
app-admin/sysklogd
app-admin/socklog
sys-boot/grub
sys-boot/syslinux
sys-devel/remake
sys-devel/omni
sys-devel/cons
sys-devel/subterfugue
app-crypt/hashalot
app-shells/sash
-mike
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Mike Frysinger kirjoitti:
> working here is no longer fun; the following are up for <maintainer> grabs ...
> drop me a line if something interests you

So you are looking to remove these things from the base-system herd or
new people to join the herd?

Regards,
Petteri
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 08 April 2007, Petteri Räty wrote:
> Mike Frysinger kirjoitti:
> > working here is no longer fun; the following are up for <maintainer>
> > grabs ... drop me a line if something interests you
>
> So you are looking to remove these things from the base-system herd or
> new people to join the herd?

<herd> will remain, i'm looking to fill <maintainer>

to fill <maintainer>, you need not be part of the base-system herd in
the "watch over it all" position
-mike
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Alle domenica 08 aprile 2007, Mike Frysinger ha scritto:
> working here is no longer fun; the following are up for <maintainer> grabs
> ... drop me a line if something interests you
> net-misc/netkit-rsh
I know it very well (patches are mine) so I can maintain it.

Happy Easter to .* :)
--
Timothy `Drizzt` Redaelli - http://dev.gentoo.org/~drizzt/
FreeSBIE Developer, Gentoo Developer, GUFI Staff
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Mike Frysinger wrote:
> sys-apps/byld
> sys-apps/yard
> sys-apps/mkinitrd
> app-admin/superadduser

I can probably pick these up if nobody else wants them.

> sys-boot/syslinux

And this, but a bit less interested...

Thanks,
Donnie
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 08 April 2007, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > sys-apps/byld
> > sys-apps/yard
> > sys-apps/mkinitrd
> > app-admin/superadduser
>
> I can probably pick these up if nobody else wants them.

three of those should be a cake walk ... mkinitrd is a friggin mess though, so
after you check the open bugs on it, i dont feel bad if you change your mind
on it
-mike
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
I'm one of the folks on the base-system alias already, but here's the
key stuff that I interact with, and some other related notes.

Put me down for the following:
> sys-process/supervise-scripts
> sys-apps/smartmontools
> sys-apps/sg3_utils
> sys-apps/dmidecode
> sys-apps/ethtool
> sys-apps/microcode-ctl
> sys-fs/mdadm
> sys-libs/libcap

And if nobody else turns up, I'll try to take care of these ones too:
> sys-process/schedutils
> sys-process/acct
> sys-apps/irqbalance
> sys-fs/quotatool

> sys-apps/mii-diag
Can this one just go away? Is there anything that it does that ethtool
doesn't do?

> sys-apps/sysutils
Has collision on /usr/$libdir/libsysfs.a with sysfsutils. Maybe see if
sysfsutils replaces it?

> sys-libs/nss-db
My name should be on this one already.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Council Member
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 08 April 2007, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> > sys-apps/mii-diag
>
> Can this one just go away? Is there anything that it does that ethtool
> doesn't do?

yeah, newer net-tools integrates this package

> > sys-libs/nss-db
>
> My name should be on this one already.

i specifically checked because i knew you're the ninja for these things but
metadata.xml lacked <maintainer> ...
-mike
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 05:18:14PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> sys-apps/fbset
> sys-libs/lrmi

I can take these since I already do fb-related stuff.

Best regards.
--
Michal Januszewski JID: spock@im.gentoo.org
Gentoo Linux Developer http://people.gentoo.org/spock
Re: Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 20:19:23 -0600
Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > working here is no longer fun
>
> * HUGZ *

Hoi! Giving hugs is a right reserved by me and me only! :P

/me hugs Mike
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Mike Frysinger wrote:
> three of those should be a cake walk ... mkinitrd is a friggin mess though, so
> after you check the open bugs on it, i dont feel bad if you change your mind
> on it

Maybe I will take it over, then decide it's obsolete and send out a
removal notice. =)

Thanks,
Donnie
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 13:36 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > three of those should be a cake walk ... mkinitrd is a friggin mess though, so
> > after you check the open bugs on it, i dont feel bad if you change your mind
> > on it

> Maybe I will take it over, then decide it's obsolete and send out a
> removal notice. =)

Please keep it around. embedded users used to find it a handy pkg.
initramfs seems to be be winning users over however these days.
It (mkinitrd) only ever had 12 bugs ever, 2 of which are currently open
and one of those has an attached patch. In reality it should be fairly
trivial to maintain.

--
Ned Ludd <solar@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux

Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
On Sonntag, 8. April 2007, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> sys-power/nvram-wakeup
VDR-Team can look at it.

Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)
Re: Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Peter Weller wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 20:19:23 -0600
> Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
>> Mike Frysinger wrote:
>>> working here is no longer fun
>> * HUGZ *
>>

> Hoi! Giving hugs is a right reserved by me and me only! :P
>
> /me hugs Mike

/me stabs welp
Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Mike Frysinger wrote:
> working here is no longer fun

* HUGZ *

--
where to now? if i had to guess
dirtyepic gentoo org i'm afraid to say antarctica's next

Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Mike Frysinger wrote:
> working here is no longer fun
hang on a sec; you're not retiring too are you?

Re: Re: base packages up for grabs [ In reply to ]
Raúl Porcel wrote:
> Peter Weller wrote:
>> On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 20:19:23 -0600
>> Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@gentoo.org> wrote:

>>> * HUGZ *
>>
>> Hoi! Giving hugs is a right reserved by me and me only! :P
>>
>> /me hugs Mike
>
> /me stabs welp

Miaow! There's plenty of room in Minnesota y'know.. ;)