Since this problem encompasses multiple packages (I only stumbled upon
the six above, but there well may be others), I thought I'd bring it
to your attention here.

Re: /lib/rcscripts or /$(get_libdir)/rcscripts? [ In reply to ]
On Monday 26 March 2007, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> I just realized that there not only doesn't seem to be any consensus
> about what the location of /lib/rcscripts should be (as witnessed by
> the location where the following packages install

it should be /$(get_libdir)/rcscripts

no one has really noticed/cared because lib has always been a symlink to lib64

perhaps we should write a new func ... `dorcaddon` ...
-mike
Re: /lib/rcscripts or /$(get_libdir)/rcscripts? [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 21:49:52 -0400
Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Monday 26 March 2007, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> > I just realized that there not only doesn't seem to be any consensus
> > about what the location of /lib/rcscripts should be (as witnessed by
> > the location where the following packages install
>
> it should be /$(get_libdir)/rcscripts
>
> no one has really noticed/cared because lib has always been a symlink
> to lib64
>
> perhaps we should write a new func ... `dorcaddon` ...
> -mike

The baselayout bits will be solved by baselayout-2. ebuilds that want
to put stuff in /lib/rcscripts should of course be doing $(get_libdir)

Thanks

Roy
Re: /lib/rcscripts or /$(get_libdir)/rcscripts? [ In reply to ]
On Dienstag, 27. März 2007, Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> I just realized that there not only doesn't seem to be any consensus
> about what the location of /lib/rcscripts should be (as witnessed by
> the location where the following packages install
>
> lib64/rcscripts sys-apps/baselayout-1.13.0_alpha12
> lib64/rcscripts sys-apps/gawk-3.1.5-r3
> lib64/rcscripts sys-fs/mdadm-2.6.1
> lib/rcscripts sys-fs/device-mapper-1.02.12
> lib/rcscripts sys-fs/lvm2-2.02.17
> lib/rcscripts sys-fs/udev-107

Same problem with udev-helper programs:
Should they be in /lib/udev or in /$(get_libdir)/udev

Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)
Re: /lib/rcscripts or /$(get_libdir)/rcscripts? [ In reply to ]
Mike Frysinger wrote:

> perhaps we should write a new func ... `dorcaddon` ...

That immediately looks like "dork addon" to me.

--dirtypics

--
where to now? if i had to guess
dirtyepic gentoo org i'm afraid to say antarctica's next