Mailing List Archive

mysql updates
Since I'm retiring on 2006-01-08 I've spent some time trying
to leave a more manageable situation for the other part of
mysql-team.

The user visible changes are mostly that test should always work
and for crazy 5.1 users a "pbxt" that enable build of an external
storage engine.

Developer side stuff:
- Patch are all included in a single tar ball, with an "000_index.txt"
inside it used to chose what need to be applied and inform users
of what the patch does.
- Better support for bitkeeper snapshots.
- Support for bitkeeper live builds.
- Slotting on micro version to allow testing more versions at the
same time.
- /etc/{conf,init}.d/my* moved to sys-apps/mysql and shared by all
dev-db/mysql* packages.
- there some brain dumped, documentation that must be read
cum granus salis and not trusted blindly here:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~vivo/doc/mysql-eclass-guide.xml
back upped here:
http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/mysql/browser/docs

There are also versions of the eclass with "slotted" and "bitkeeper"
code stripped to evaluate code complexity reduction if needed, since
these are developer-only features those can be removed at any time.

mysql{,_fx}_noslot.eclass mysql_nobitkeeper.eclass
http://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/mysql/browser/testing/eclass

The changes will be in-tree in few hours

BTW, I had a really great time with Gentoo and learned many things,
so best wishes to all those who stay, and remember to have fun.

Francesco (vivo) Riosa
Re: mysql updates [ In reply to ]
Going into maintenance mode until 2007.1.8, only bugs introduced by
latest changes will be fixed.

Pondering a general revision bump of dev/db/mysql* tomorrow to fix/show
breakage.

cheers