boothing stuff.

I'll try and get more information together soon. The physical specifications,
etc. of the booths were given pretty late last year, but I'll try and find
out if they have some remote idea.
--
Chris White
Gentoo Developer aka:
xxxxxx (Scissors Were Here) xxxxxx
Re: Call For Interest: Scale5x [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 14:36 -0800, Chris White wrote:
> Scale5X announcement just hit my inbox, so away we go. Scale 5X will be
> taking place at:
>
> http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1005
>
> The Westin Los Angeles Airport from Feb. 10-11 2007 (That's a
> Saturday/Sunday). I had strong plans on going, but with recent project
> deadlines being shifted around, I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend.
> However I'd like to pass on information if we have people willing to do the
> boothing stuff.
>
> I'll try and get more information together soon. The physical specifications,
> etc. of the booths were given pretty late last year, but I'll try and find
> out if they have some remote idea.

Ah, sorry!
Graham, the community coordinator for Scale already asked us to be
present some while back and I said 'Ya.'

I know myself, nightmorph, probably omp, perhaps spb atleast are
intending to man the booth. :)

Re: Call For Interest: Scale5x [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 10:46:35PM +0000, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:

> Ah, sorry!
> Graham, the community coordinator for Scale already asked us to be
> present some while back and I said 'Ya.'
>
> I know myself, nightmorph, probably omp, perhaps spb atleast are
> intending to man the booth. :)

LA is easy for me, living in OC. Will try my hardest to make this/help
out.

-pete
Re: Call For Interest: Scale5x [ In reply to ]
Peter Johanson wrote:

> LA is easy for me, living in OC. Will try my hardest to make this/help
> out.
>
> -pete

Latexer... you're still dead to me for leaving NY for "OC" as you term
it. It pains me to have to tell you this.

--
Doug Goldstein <cardoe@gentoo.org>
http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/
Re: Call For Interest: Scale5x [ In reply to ]
Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
> Ah, sorry!
> Graham, the community coordinator for Scale already asked us to be
> present some while back and I said 'Ya.'
>
> I know myself, nightmorph, probably omp, perhaps spb atleast are
> intending to man the booth. :)

Although I'm not completely sure yet, I am assuming that I should be
able to attend, as I live only ~25 miles away from LAX. Looking forward
to it. :)

--
David Shakaryan
GnuPG Public Key: 0x4B8FE14B
Re: Call For Interest: Scale5x [ In reply to ]
I'm in the northern part of Orange County, so this is a rather small trip
for me to get there. Assuming all is well, I may (hopefully) be able to
attend at least one of the days! Woo!
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
Gentoo Forums Global Moderator
Re: Call For Interest: Scale5x [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 16:41 -0800, David Shakaryan wrote:
> Although I'm not completely sure yet, I am assuming that I should be
> able to attend, as I live only ~25 miles away from LAX. Looking forward
> to it. :)

Lunch at BURGER KING. Awesome. :D

Re: Call For Interest: Scale5x [ In reply to ]
Peter Gordon wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 16:41 -0800, David Shakaryan wrote:
>> Although I'm not completely sure yet, I am assuming that I should be
>> able to attend, as I live only ~25 miles away from LAX. Looking forward
>> to it. :)
>
> Lunch at BURGER KING. Awesome. :D

Indeed! That's the top priority for Chris and me. ;)

Re: Call For Interest: Scale5x [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Chris White wrote:

> Scale5X announcement just hit my inbox, so away we go. Scale 5X will be
> taking place at:
>
> http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1005
>
> The Westin Los Angeles Airport from Feb. 10-11 2007 (That's a
> Saturday/Sunday). I had strong plans on going, but with recent project
> deadlines being shifted around, I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend.
> However I'd like to pass on information if we have people willing to do the
> boothing stuff.

I'm going! I've been to every SCALE except for last year, when my
sister-in-law inconsiderately chose to hold her wedding on the same weeked
in another state ;P

For those of you still trying to decide, I highly recommend it as a
conference. For me it was much more fun than LWE west coast. High-lights
in the past have included talks from Robert Love, Andrew Morton, Andrew
Tridgell...
Re: Call For Interest: Scale5x [ In reply to ]
Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-10-31 at 14:36 -0800, Chris White wrote:
>> Scale5X announcement just hit my inbox, so away we go. Scale 5X will be
>> taking place at:
>>
>> http://www.starwoodhotels.com/westin/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=1005
>>
>> The Westin Los Angeles Airport from Feb. 10-11 2007 (That's a
>> Saturday/Sunday). I had strong plans on going, but with recent project
>> deadlines being shifted around, I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend.
>> However I'd like to pass on information if we have people willing to do the
>> boothing stuff.
>>
>> I'll try and get more information together soon. The physical specifications,
>> etc. of the booths were given pretty late last year, but I'll try and find
>> out if they have some remote idea.
>
> Ah, sorry!
> Graham, the community coordinator for Scale already asked us to be
> present some while back and I said 'Ya.'
>
> I know myself, nightmorph, probably omp, perhaps spb atleast are
> intending to man the booth. :)

I'm a bit late to the conversation, but I think I'm probably going to drive down
for this one.

I just gotta get me one of those sexy Gentoo polo shirts. :)

Steve