Mailing List Archive

Packages up for grubs: media-libs/vitamtp, app-misc/qcma, sys-power/bbswitch, www-plugins/gosuslugi-plugin
Hi there!
I've decided to step over from some packages I maintained before due to lack
of time, competence, and in case of one of them - phisical ability for
resolving corresponding issues.

Packages available for grabbing includes:

============
media-libs/vitamtp
app-misc/qcma
============

^ That two packages are essential to work with PS Vita (manage its library,
transfer applications and so on).
Unfortunately, I had lost my Vita, so have no more motivation in maintenance
of that packages. Also, one of them is archived by upstream and requires
patching to support new ffmpeg.
And I have no competence in that, and, unfortunately, too busy at work to dive
in this.

So, if you need them - feel free to take.
I'd be glad to help you with them (and, maybe, I can even be a proxy for you)

============
sys-power/bbswitch
============

Actually, there is still Pacho Ramos stays as direct maintainer, and there is
also one proxied maintainer, but it would be nice if someone would also take
care over it.

Actually, none of laptops I currently using have Optimus (actually, I have
one, but there is long outdated gentoo, and I have no time to reinstall it to
current state), so I have almost no hardware to work with this package
anymore.

If you'd like to help @Pacho and @rei4dan with it, please, join them.

============
www-plugins/gosuslugi-plugin
============

Actually, this is a browser native-messaging pluginn (helper) for webextension
for working with russian e-gov site(s).

Since... Uhm... Some time ago, upstream blocked access from foreign IPs
(making it impossible to fetch the distfile)
Also, upstream is kinda hostile (uses unversioned tarballs, ignores any
emails, also, package requires 777 on it's directory in /var/log (as it writes
there a log when run under ordinary user, and I reported that more than two
years ago already)).

Also, @sam nnoticed that gentoo repo is probably not a place for such
packages, and I think I agree with him (although, I think I saw another
countries e-gov related packages in the repo before)

So, I don't think this actually needs to be grubbed up (but who knows), so I'd
just tree-cleaned it.

--
Best regards,
mva