Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: The Age of the Universe [ In reply to ]
Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 23:11 -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
>> I'd have to agree with you on that. I understand the appeal of
exciting press releases but there were over 75 GCC 4.1 bugs still open
for problems in *~arch* when the decision was made to go stable. Even
now there's more than 50 left, with an equal and growing number of
stable bugs.

> It had nothing to do with press releases and more to do with the fact
> that 50 or even 75 out of > 10,000 is beans. Also, most of that stuff
> is in packages that are either unmaintained, or the maintainers are
> focusing efforts in other places. Having a bug report open for 2 months
> *should* be *plenty* of time for maintainers to fix their packages.

Great to hear that. I'll be with the rest of the x86 team working this
afternoon and most of tonight fixing those beans. We actually need a
games maintainer, considering about half the bugs fall under that
category. See you there. :)

--de.