Mailing List Archive

eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please
While talking about herds etc...

Please, stick your addy into the relevant eclass if you are actually a
maintainer or at least a person to contact about the given eclass.
Examples of eclasses that just let me clueless and digging in the logs
when a bug/problem arrives:

cvs.eclass - ???
db-use.eclass - pauldv?
db.eclass - pauldv?
eutils.eclass - ???
flag-o-matic.eclass - ???
gems.eclass - ruby, are you taking bugs for this? pythonhead's been MIA
for ages, not much useful as a maintainer contact
gnat.eclass - ???
gnatbuild.eclass - ???
gnuconfig.eclass - ???
latex-package.eclass - ???
mercurial.eclass - agriffis, mind sticking your addy there? :)
mount-boot.eclass - ???
myspell.eclass - app-dicts?
subversion.eclass - pretty popular wrt bugs, anyone but hattya touching
this one?
tla.eclass - meh, does anyone use it?
versionator.eclass - anyone to take over after ciaranm?

Thanks.

--

jakub
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 15 June 2006 12:26, Jakub Moc wrote:
> gems.eclass - ruby, are you taking bugs for this? pythonhead's been MIA
> for ages, not much useful as a maintainer contact
I'll try to learn how it works and see to take this over for ruby herd.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 12:48:30 +0200, Jakub Moc wrote:

> While talking about herds etc...
>
> Please, stick your addy into the relevant eclass if you are actually a
> maintainer or at least a person to contact about the given eclass.
> Examples of eclasses that just let me clueless and digging in the logs
> when a bug/problem arrives:

> latex-package.eclass - ???

That's for text-markup, I added the relevant stamp.

Thanks,
/Alexandre
--
Hi, I'm a .signature virus! Please copy me in your ~/.signature.
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:26:01 +0200
Jakub Moc <jakub@gentoo.org> wrote:

> versionator.eclass - anyone to take over after ciaranm?

I can most likely take care of this one. Should be low enough
maintenance anyway since for the most part it Just Works.
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 15 June 2006 06:26, Jakub Moc wrote:
> cvs.eclass - ???

i'll take over while the main guy is out

> eutils.eclass - ???

it depends highly on the function, but generally base-system

> flag-o-matic.eclass - ???

base-system / hardened

> gnuconfig.eclass - ???

this is dead as it's been integrated into portage

> mount-boot.eclass - ???

base-system as only boot-loaders use it

> subversion.eclass - pretty popular wrt bugs, anyone but hattya touching
> this one?

i can help out hattya if he wants
-mike
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 15 June 2006 16:50, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> this is dead as it's been integrated into portage
Can gnuconfig_update calls go away from new ebuilds, then?

Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
четвер, 15. червень 2006 12:26, Jakub Moc Ви написали:
> Please, stick your addy into the relevant eclass if you are actually a
> maintainer or at least a person to contact about the given eclass.
May be its a time for some kind of metadata for eclasses?
(No, that's just an idea, not a proposal of a particular realisation :)).

> gnat.eclass - ???
> gnatbuild.eclass - ???
These are for the Ada compilers and libs (in reverse order). I just added
Author and herd info to them.

George

Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> Can gnuconfig_update calls go away from new ebuilds, then?

Yes, because base/make.defaults includes FEATURES="autoconfig" and no
profile turns it off.

Daniel

Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 15 June 2006 11:21, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> On Thursday 15 June 2006 16:50, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > this is dead as it's been integrated into portage
>
> Can gnuconfig_update calls go away from new ebuilds, then?

yes, i'll update the func to complain about being deprecated
-mike
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 15 June 2006 14:10, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> > Can gnuconfig_update calls go away from new ebuilds, then?
>
> Yes, because base/make.defaults includes FEATURES="autoconfig" and no
> profile turns it off.

actually, portage doesnt even respect that anymore ... it just updates the
files :)
-mike
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:32:36PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 15 June 2006 11:21, Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
> > On Thursday 15 June 2006 16:50, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > > this is dead as it's been integrated into portage
> >
> > Can gnuconfig_update calls go away from new ebuilds, then?
>
> yes, i'll update the func to complain about being deprecated

Should it be removed from old ebuilds too, then?
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 15 June 2006 14:48, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 02:32:36PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > >
> > > Can gnuconfig_update calls go away from new ebuilds, then?
> >
> > yes, i'll update the func to complain about being deprecated
>
> Should it be removed from old ebuilds too, then?

of course ... i didnt say anything to indicate otherwise ...
-mike
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 04:25:10PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 15 June 2006 14:48, Harald van Dijk wrote:

> > > yes, i'll update the func to complain about being deprecated
> >
> > Should it be removed from old ebuilds too, then?
>
> of course ... i didnt say anything to indicate otherwise ...

The question was explicitly about new ebuilds, so your answer concerning
only new ebuilds is the reasonable assumption without an indication
otherwise.

Anyway, gnuconfig removed from sawfish now.
Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 15 June 2006 22:39, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> The question was explicitly about new ebuilds, so your answer concerning
> only new ebuilds is the reasonable assumption without an indication
> otherwise.
I limited to new for backward compat... but as portage updates them anyway
now, I'll drop it from video and sound and other ebuilds later now.

Re: eclasses maintainers - raise your hands please [ In reply to ]
On Thursday 15 June 2006 16:39, Harald van Dijk wrote:
> The question was explicitly about new ebuilds

it was ... when i first read the question though i missed the "new" portion
-mike