Mailing List Archive

Portage bitching out loud [Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc']
On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 17:21 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 05:11 pm, Michael Cummings wrote:
> > Would have been nice to get this email before portage started griping a day
> > or so ago.
>
> portage isnt griping, gcc.eclass is because i put it there
>
> besides, i didnt use caps and i said 'Please', so it's just a friendly
> notice !
> -mike

Can portage moaning about various validation that end users don't care
about be made a FEATURE? I hate upgrading package-x and the guy
standing over my shoulder seeing "Invalid blah blah".

--
Tom Wesley <tom@tomaw.org>
Re: Portage bitching out loud [Re: List of packages which 'inherit gcc'] [ In reply to ]
On Sunday 15 May 2005 05:24 pm, Tom Wesley wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-05-15 at 17:21 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Sunday 15 May 2005 05:11 pm, Michael Cummings wrote:
> > > Would have been nice to get this email before portage started griping a
> > > day or so ago.
> >
> > portage isnt griping, gcc.eclass is because i put it there
> >
> > besides, i didnt use caps and i said 'Please', so it's just a friendly
> > notice !
> > -mike
>
> Can portage moaning about various validation that end users don't care
> about be made a FEATURE? I hate upgrading package-x and the guy
> standing over my shoulder seeing "Invalid blah blah".

the problem with that is some developers dont fix crap unless users file
bugs ;P
-mike