Mailing List Archive

emerge
I have Gnome installed Gentoo 2005.0, recently newer version of gnome
marked as stable, so available to update. I don't need epiphany and
gnome games, formerly I could just edit .ebuild file and remove lines,
but at this time it shows me:
Calculating world dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 6) gnome-base/gnome-2.8.3-r1 to /
>>> md5 files ;-) gnome-2.6.2-r1.ebuild
>>> md5 files ;-) gnome-2.8.0-r1.ebuild

!!! Digest verification Failed:
!!! /usr/portage/gnome-base/gnome/gnome-2.8.3-r1.ebuild
!!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size

>>> Please ensure you have sync'd properly. Please try 'emerge sync' and
>>> optionally examine the file(s) for corruption. A sync will fix most
cases.

error message. How I can fix it? Sorry for my poor english.

Re: emerge [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2005-05-06 at 10:31 +0900, Dulmandakh Sukhbaatar wrote:
> I have Gnome installed Gentoo 2005.0, recently newer version of gnome
> marked as stable, so available to update. I don't need epiphany and
> gnome games, formerly I could just edit .ebuild file and remove lines,
> but at this time it shows me:
> Calculating world dependencies ...done!
>
> !!! Digest verification Failed:
> !!! /usr/portage/gnome-base/gnome/gnome-2.8.3-r1.ebuild
> !!! Reason: Filesize does not match recorded size

> cases.
>
> error message. How I can fix it? Sorry for my poor english.

emerge gnome-2.8.3-r1.ebuild digest
from the /usr/portage/gnome-base/gnome directory will rebuild the
metadata for the gnome ebuild.

Daniel

Re: emerge [ In reply to ]
Dulmandakh Sukhbaatar posted <1115343079.9935.20.camel@duluu.netsoft.mn>,
excerpted below, on Fri, 06 May 2005 10:31:19 +0900:

> I have Gnome installed Gentoo 2005.0, recently newer version of gnome
> marked as stable, so available to update. I don't need epiphany and
> gnome games, formerly I could just edit .ebuild file and remove lines,
> but at this time it shows me:
> Calculating world dependencies ...done!
>
> !!! Digest verification Failed:

RTFM. =8^) That's a security feature.

The ebuild doesn't match the recorded size and md5, after you edit it,
and is warning you that it's not verifying. It's easy to redigest. Read
up on the details in the Gentoo Handbook, part three, Working with
Portage. This particular info is in the ebuild chapter, but it's worth
reading it all. Also see the ebuild (1) manpage.

and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in

Re: emerge [ In reply to ]
Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
> emerge gnome-2.8.3-r1.ebuild digest

s/emerge/ebuild

;)

--de.

Re: emerge [ In reply to ]
R Hill posted <d5em89$2uu$1@sea.gmane.org>, excerpted below, on Thu, 05
May 2005 21:00:47 -0600:

> Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
>> emerge gnome-2.8.3-r1.ebuild digest
>
> s/emerge/ebuild

Well, as long as we're correcting things...

s/ebuild/ebuild\//

(The closing delimiter was missing.)

=8^)

and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in