Mailing List Archive

Post-GSoC project document
Hi,

My Google Summer of Code project was about writing a portage backend for
PackageKit. Before beginning the work we knew it will not be easy.
So I tried to write the backend as much complete as possible and I did a few
changes to portage to help that. But this work helped me to see all the features
we were not able to implement because of some limitations in the API involving.

As this part of the work can't be seen in the code, I've wrote a document about
what where the difficulties and what we will have to work on for the next steps:
http://dev.gentoo.org/~volkmar/post-gsoc-packagekit-portage.html

Hope it will be interesting.

Thanks,
Mounir