Mailing List Archive

Only 11 bugs left to be fixed in GCC 4.4+/GLIBC 2.10+ trackers. Would be nice to get some help for these.
These bugs would need your attention. About half of them are x86 only
software, and I don't have such platform. I've took out all the bugs
that are assigned to qa/treecleaners for removal due random reasons.

Users help would be nice too. Just attach a patch in the bug and I'll
commit them.

GCC 4.4+

# 273526 [games@gentoo.org] - games-board/hexxagon: fails to build with
gcc-4.4.
# 276246 [embedded@gentoo.org] - sys-libs/uclibc++: fails to build with
gcc-4.4.
# 276841 [kde@gentoo.org] - net-p2p/kmldonkey removal request (was:
fails to build with gcc-4.4).
# 279160 [oli.borm@web.de] - sci-libs/openfoam-kernel fails to build
with gcc-4.4.
# 280704 [bug-wranglers@gentoo.org] - app-office/openoffice-3.0.1:
Supported gcc majors are 2 , 3 and 4 <= 4.3. Unsupported gcc major
version..

GLIBC 2.10+ and GCC 4.4+

# 273407 [games@gentoo.org] - games-emulation/mupen64-glide64: fails to
build with glibc-2.10.
# 273557 [games@gentoo.org] - games-arcade/xevil: fails to build with
glibc-2.10.
# 273652 [games@gentoo.org] - games-puzzle/gemhun: fails to build with
glibc-2.10.
# 276932 [sbriesen@gentoo.org] - media-gfx/iscan removal request (was:
fails to build with glibc-2.10).
# 277072 [games@gentoo.org] - =games-sports/toycars-0.3.10 fails to
build with glibc-2.10+.
# 277107 [java@gentoo.org] - dev-java/sun-jre-bin (?): Sun Java VM
crashes with sys-libs/glibc-2.10.1.
Re: Only 11 bugs left to be fixed in GCC 4.4+/GLIBC 2.10+ trackers. Would be nice to get some help for these. [ In reply to ]
Samuli Suominen wrote:
> These bugs would need your attention. About half of them are x86 only
> software, and I don't have such platform. I've took out all the bugs
> that are assigned to qa/treecleaners for removal due random reasons.
>
> Users help would be nice too. Just attach a patch in the bug and I'll
> commit them.
>
> GCC 4.4+
>
> # 273526 [games@gentoo.org] - games-board/hexxagon: fails to build with
> gcc-4.4.
> # 277072 [games@gentoo.org] - =games-sports/toycars-0.3.10 fails to
> build with glibc-2.10+.

These got fixed by users :-) 9 bugs left.

Big thanks to ayoy and vasuvi from #gentoo-kde.

-Samuli