Mailing List Archive

Inclusion of speech support on Gentoo release Media
Hi,
It has been quite some time sinse I've found time to be on an Internet
connection to post, so:
I'm just posting to find out how discussions on adding
app-accessibility/speakup, etc, to Gentoo release media is going, and
to find out if the Gentoo release team has plans for including this
for blind users such as myself who do not have a hardware synth, nor a
way to see the screen, so that we might successfully install Gentoo?
I will point out that even thorugh we can read the handbook, and all
that, it's not easy doing so in Linux.
Linux accessibility is still under constant development compared for
instance, to the world of Microsoft Windows operating systems. The
screen-reading access technologies have simply been under far more
development.
I'd like to see Gentoo be added to the list of accessible software.
Only one LiveCD, from:
www.grml.org
has become accessible for blind folks.
The truth is, I love Gentoo more than any other CD.
Asking for an SSH installation degrades my indipendence from
installing Gentoo successfully without sighted assistance.
If someone could update me on this, I'd value an update.
Thank you all.
Regards, --Keith