GPG Public Key ID: 0x109DBECE
GPG Key Fingerprint (SHA1):
E485 E2F7 11CE F9B2 E3D9 C95D 208F B732 109D BECE
Re: ACCEPT_LICENSES in Portage? [ In reply to ]
On Friday 17 September 2004 13:44, Peter Gordon wrote:
> I remember reading something about an ACCEPT_LICENSE feature
> that would allow one to add something like:
>
> ACCEPT_LICENSES="@OSI-APPROVED"
>
> in their /etc/make.conf and it would use only OSI-approved
> licenses (GPL-2, MPL, LGPL, etc.). Just to satiate my curiosity,
> Is this going to be implemented in Gentoo or Portage any time soon?

The GLEP is mostly done and half-approved. The details on the grouping
mechanism still need to be worked out and approved. The next step at the
moment is to add a repoman check on the LICENSE ebuild variable syntax. When
the tree is clean and the grouping aspects approved, the functionality will
be added to emerge.

Regards,
Jason Stubbs

Re: ACCEPT_LICENSES in Portage? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 00:44, Peter Gordon wrote:
> I remember reading something about an ACCEPT_LICENSE feature
> that would allow one to add something like:
>
> ACCEPT_LICENSES="@OSI-APPROVED"
>
> in their /etc/make.conf and it would use only OSI-approved
> licenses (GPL-2, MPL, LGPL, etc.). Just to satiate my curiosity,
> Is this going to be implemented in Gentoo or Portage any time soon?

No.

/me ducks

I really hope this does go in sometime soon, so I can remove the hackish
check_license function from the ebuilds that require it.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Operations/QA Manager

Is your power animal a penguin?
Re: ACCEPT_LICENSES in Portage? [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 17:02, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 00:44, Peter Gordon wrote:
> > I remember reading something about an ACCEPT_LICENSE feature
> > that would allow one to add something like:
> >
> > ACCEPT_LICENSES="@OSI-APPROVED"
> >
> > in their /etc/make.conf and it would use only OSI-approved
> > licenses (GPL-2, MPL, LGPL, etc.). Just to satiate my curiosity,
> > Is this going to be implemented in Gentoo or Portage any time soon?
>
> No.
>
> /me ducks
>
> I really hope this does go in sometime soon, so I can remove the hackish
> check_license function from the ebuilds that require it.

Speaking of which... I just fixed check_license so it accepts multiple
licenses in ACCEPT_LICENSE (basically, it works now).