Mailing List Archive

guarddog-2.6.0-r1.ebuild for inclusion in kde-sunset
Hi guys,

below you'll find 2 links:

one with the guarddog-2.6.0-r1.ebuild and one with the guarddog.init for the
files/ directory in net-firewall/guarddog.

I tried to initiate a port for guarddog from qt3 to qt4 but no success yet
(I'm no programmer).

Since I'm sure I'm not the only one using and/or interested in this
convenient firewall tool, I wanted to make sure it's available to the rest
of the gentoo users out there.

This in fact is the latest release of the official in-tree ebuild of
guarddog with the init file for easy addition to the startup scripts.

http://pastebin.com/6e7FxnxM (guarddog-2.6.0-r1.ebuild) valid for 1 month

http://pastebin.com/EducEcc8 (guarddog.init) valid for 1 month

Enjoy !

If I understood right the gentoo-desktop mailing list is the only way to get
things into the kde-sunset overlay or reporting bugs concerning it. Is that
correct ?

kernelOfTruth
Re: guarddog-2.6.0-r1.ebuild for inclusion in kde-sunset [ In reply to ]
On 05.03.2010 01:04, Mat B. wrote:
> If I understood right the gentoo-desktop mailing list is the only way to
> get things into the kde-sunset overlay or reporting bugs concerning it.
> Is that correct ?

You could always ask on irc (#gentoo-kde@freenet) for write access to
the git repository. Then you could add and maintain those ebuilds
yourself. After all, kde-sunset is a user-maintained overlay.

Greetings,
Martin