Mailing List Archive

start-here, Applications menu, and icons
I'm trying to configure my gnome Applications menu. I go to the
'start-here' window (URL <start-here:> in galeon, or whatever), click on the
"Applications" icon, and can then create a new folder which will
subsequently show up as a menu on the gnome Applications menu. When I try
to assign an icon to the folder, however, the icon shows up in the window
from the "start-here" dialog, but not on the menu. Is there something
tangled in gnome, or am I missing something?

If a create a launcher instead of a folder I can attach an icon to it, no
problem, but not for folders. There are already several folders in the
Applications menu that _do_ have icons - probably inherited the gnome
general configuration, but new folders don't want to accept an icon.

I've mucked around in the .gnome, .gnome2, .gconf .nautilus and other
direcories looking for where this stuff is implemented, but it's pretty
tangled up!

--
Lindsay Haisley | "Everything works | PGP public key
FMP Computer Services | if you let it" | available at