Mailing List Archive

audio cd browser
Hello everyone,
yesterday I did an update of kde from 3.2.3 to 3.3. Unfortunately the audio cd
browser and kaudiocdcreator don't work anymore. It's because the audiocd
io-slave doesn't exist. When I try to browse a cd a dialog appears telling
that the protocol is not supported.
I updated KDE in two steps and between these steps I did a depclean (that was
really dumb of me) so I guess that certain libraries that are needed by the
audio cd browser are missing.
The following libraries/programs are already installed:

media-sound/lame
media-libs/libvorbis
media-sound/vorbis-tools
media-libs/taglib
media-libs/audiofile
media-sound/cdparanoia
media-libs/flac
media-libs/tunepimp

In my make.conf there's an explicit (and actually redundant) "encode" flag,
the make.defaults is untouched.
So can you tell me what I have to do to enable the cd audio browser again?
Bye
Felix

Re: audio cd browser [ In reply to ]
Had the same problem today, gentoo forums helped me out. Enable cdparanoia in your use flags and re-emerge kdemultimedia.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=223641&highlight=kaudiocreator+audiocd

Cheers