Mailing List Archive

I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn
Re: I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn [ In reply to ]
Haha, I'd like to know who's the first to click on this link :-D
And who the hell registered a linkedin account using the gentoo-amd64
Mailinglist address as email address?

Link seems to be authentic.

Made my day ;-)
Re: I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn [ In reply to ]
On August 9, 2014 3:23:41 PM Ralf <ralf+gentoo@ramses-pyramidenbau.de> wrote:

> Made my day ;-)

are gentoo users more smart then linkedin ?
Re: I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn [ In reply to ]
Benny Pedersen posted on Sat, 09 Aug 2014 15:48:49 +0200 as excerpted:

> On August 9, 2014 3:23:41 PM Ralf <ralf+gentoo@ramses-pyramidenbau.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Made my day ;-)
>
> are gentoo users more smart then linkedin ?

Looking at the links, most of them are to

http://www.linkedin.com/blink?simpleRedirect= [long-encoded-link]

Looks to me like some spammer figured out the encoding (probably
something simple like base64) and that the redirect wasn't linkedin-site-
limited, thus allowing them to mask whatever link they wanted and hide
behind linkedin's formerly not too terrible reputation, tho it's surely
dropping fast due to the spammers now.

I've gotten a few of these via email (my lists are via newsgroup via
gmane, so entirely separate app used) as well, and the tibdixious name
looks familiar, but this is the first I've noticed the redirect-link.

Re: Re: I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn [ In reply to ]
Duncan skrev den 2014-08-09 16:58:

>> are gentoo users more smart then linkedin ?
> Looking at the links, most of them are to

linkedin should sanitice not to post invites on maillist, its simple to
them to figure out not to

> http://www.linkedin.com/blink?simpleRedirect= [long-encoded-link]

that is the problem with bit.ly aswell it can be used in abuse :(

> Looks to me like some spammer figured out the encoding (probably
> something simple like base64) and that the redirect wasn't
> linkedin-site-
> limited, thus allowing them to mask whatever link they wanted and hide
> behind linkedin's formerly not too terrible reputation, tho it's surely
> dropping fast due to the spammers now.

yep i would try to build a clamav logical signature, but then its me
that would be unsubscribed, not the invite spammers, i begin to think i
dont need linkedin anymore

linkedin even have a ipv6 only mx record, damm, gives warning in every
postfix its a no go

its a error to make multiple mx hostnames, there should only be one mx
pr destinatiion, unless its one of them is a backup mx

if three is dual stacked it should be all in one mx, not multiple, while
this should only be enforced while not all hostnames is dual stacked ip

workaround for linkedin could be to have all mx be dual stacked or add
another host ip from another mx host so all is stillo dual stacked not
neseserly on hardware host pr mx hostname

> I've gotten a few of these via email (my lists are via newsgroup via
> gmane, so entirely separate app used) as well, and the tibdixious name
> looks familiar, but this is the first I've noticed the redirect-link.

with gmail one does not notice problems, that does not mean there is
none, thats why i keep my own problems with gentoo :)
Re: Re: I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn [ In reply to ]
Sorry for the spam, LinkedIn has gone crazy.

Re: Re: I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn [ In reply to ]
Daiajo Tibdixious skrev den 2014-08-09 23:02:
> Sorry for the spam, LinkedIn has gone crazy.

remove maillist from address book could help, if invites are sent from
it