Mailing List Archive

802.11ac USB adapter support
Does anyone have any experience yet concerning 802.11ac USB adapters?
My new router is dual band:

802.11-b/g/n @ 2.4GHz

802.11-a/n/ac @ 5.0GHz

the idea being you can use both bands with different devices within
the home. Anyway, bein the router is Netgear I was looking at maybe
getting an A6200 USB adapter for my wife's laptop but so far I haven't
found kernel support.

Anyway, I Was looking through 3.10.10 and didn't spot any support. It
seems that possibly Netgear has a driver that you can download but
whether it's Open Source I haven't looked into yet.

Possibly all USB NICs use some driver I'm not familiar with?

Any info appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark