Mailing List Archive

PC not printing from gnome
At the office I have a couple of printer, an OKI c7500 and a Canon
iR5055).

Since the end of January that my machine has stopped printing from gnome
applications to the Canon iR5055.

For example, I am able to print from Firefox and Libreoffice, however I
cannot print from Gnome applications (i.e. gedit, evince or evolution).

The strangest thing is that CUPS reports the jobs as being completed,
traffic between the PC and the printer is detected (with tcpdump), even
when I print from Gnome applications, but on the print nothing happens.

Can anybody help how to go about finding out what the problem is?

Clemente